• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stubborn bathroom Fawcett.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
My bathroom faucet is a double handle delta. It was dripping a couple times and I changed the rubber (?) seats.

After a bit it started dripping around the mechanism. When I went to take t he handle off, the Allen set screw that holds the handle would not come loose. I was able to pop it off and rebuilt the whole mechanism. I can set the handle in place and the faucet works, but, I still need to loosen that set screw.

Would any of you have any suggestions to how to degunk it so I can loosen our replace the screw without messing up the plating?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it is mineral deposits, a vinigar solution will help. Not sure about the plating though. Rust, any good penitrationg oil like Kroil should do the trick.

Good luck

Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wrap a cloth around it and clamp in a vice. Tap the allen wrench in with a hammer and then give it a few good whacks on the allen wrench to break it loose. A scratch awl works good for cleaning out the set screw so the allen wrench goes all the way down.