• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ric Ocasek, lead singer of new wave band The Cars,

Bamby

Ric Ocasek, lead singer of new wave band The Cars, found dead in NYC apartment, police say..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=238&v=xuZA6qiJVfU

Ric Ocasek, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer whose popular new wave band, The Cars, helped define the sound of rock music in the late 1970s and '80s, was found dead in his New York City apartment on Sunday, a police spokesman told Fox News. Ocasek was 75.

His estranged wife, supermodel Paulina Porizkova, found him unresponsive Sunday afternoon at his home in Manhattan's Gramercy Park neighborhood, sources told the New York Post, adding that he apparently died of natural causes. Police said there was no sign of foul play.

The Cars' self-titled 1978 debut album was a smash hit, boosted by singles including "Just What I Needed." The album helped lead the way for new wave's influence on rock music throughout the following decade.
Ric Ocasek, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer whose popular new wave band, The Cars, helped define the sound of rock music in the late 1970s and '80s, was found dead in his New York City apartment on Sunday, a police spokesman told Fox News. Ocasek was 75.

His estranged wife, supermodel Paulina Porizkova, found him unresponsive Sunday afternoon at his home in Manhattan's Gramercy Park neighborhood, sources told the New York Post, adding that he apparently died of natural causes. Police said there was no sign of foul play.

The Cars' self-titled 1978 debut album was a smash hit, boosted by singles including "Just What I Needed." The album helped lead the way for new wave's influence on rock music throughout the following decade.

FoxNews

Rain-Soaked

Listening to their Greatest Hits Album right now. I had forgotten how many great songs they had--such a talented singer. A big loss.....