• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Justin Fairfax Considering Running for Governor Because Controversy 'Raised His Publi

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Justin Fairfax Considering Running for Governor Because Controversy 'Raised His Public Profile'
Cortney O'Brien| @obrienc2 |Posted: Jun 21, 2019 1:30 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortn...ult-considering-running-for-governor-n2548756

What is it with notorious lawmakers wanting to run for higher office? A day after Roy Moore announced he's giving his Senate aspirations another go in Alabama despite the sexual assault allegations against him, Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, fielding a similar scandal, revealed he's "seriously considering" running for governor in 2021.

Two women have come forward to accuse Fairfax of sexual assault. Dr. Vanessa Tyson, a professor at Scripps College, claims that Fairfax took advantage of her in a hotel room at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Meredith Watson, who was a student at Duke University with Fairfax, said he raped her in 2000. He has denied all of it.

Most people wouldn't see the silver lining of a situation like this, but according to Fairfax, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

“Many people a year ago would not have recognized me, now they really do,” he told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “People come up to me at gas stations, they say, ‘Hey, we recognize you. We love you. We know what they are saying about you is false?'”

Having now raised his public profile, Fairfax is apparently emboldened.

“Going on that trip and even leaving that trip, I was really inspired,” said Fairfax, who traveled to England with a delegation from Fairfax County. “I’m very hopeful about the future. We’ve gotten a lot of encouragement about future political steps. I’m thinking very seriously about 2021.”

I knew I wouldn't be the only one to make the Moore-Fairfax connection.

Casey Mattox
@CaseyMattox_
Can we just have Roy Moore run against Justin Fairfax for something? That's the political matchup twitter deserves.
Quote Tweet

Kathryn Watson
@kathrynw5
· 5h
Justin Fairfax says he's seriously considering a run for governor and the sexual assault allegations against him have raised his public profile. (link: https://www.richmond.com/news/virgi...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share) richmond.com/news/virginia/… via @rtdnews
Show this thread

Of course, the sitting governor for Virginia, Ralph Northam, is still steeped in a scandal of his own after a racist photo surfaced from his old medical school yearbook. In it, one person is dressed up as a KKK member and another is in blackface. Northam still won't tell us for certain if he was in the photo.

Attachments

• A601687F-D25C-468D-983B-E20CD5A36458.jpeg
    A601687F-D25C-468D-983B-E20CD5A36458.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 13

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:pat:

Oh brother... Now the left wing idiots think it is OK to do with ever to be headline news... and this will bring them name recognition, they so desire. I would be amazed had it not been for their behavior for the past several years since Trump was elected. Unhinged folks don't act normally any more.

Regards, Kirk