• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Frustrated

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yuck. That looks so painful. Man. That's horrible.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It is. I knew nothing about it before. So imagine having that, the feeling of a sledge hammer hitting your spine after walking 200 ft, and your abs burning. That's pretty much my daily struggle. I most likely will never work again. It sucks

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My saga continues. Now it's a combination of things.

1. My medications are all messed up. My doctor wanted me to try a new medication a few months ago. It didn't work out too well for pain control and actually made my crps worse. So he wanted me to stop it. I tried twice. Each time I stopped after only a few days I had severe withdrawals. Dizzy. Lightheaded. Nausea. Vomiting. Ringing in my ears. A sense of vertigo.

2. Being on the medication alleviates the above but causes the crps to flare up worse than before. I literally had to either sit or lay down in tears all weekend at camp. Saturday, I could barely walk 20 feet. It sucks. If you're squeamish don't scroll down. Within 10 seconds my foot looked like this. And lasted for hours.
637ba63884a09e7e82597f1383fe43ee.jpg
df62d156b45f27d4fe8b2f8fe4e97a5e.jpg
d1f145347b80ba0686bd85427f4e0455.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. It's sadly a part of having crps. Picture the most severe cramp or Charlie horse you've experienced and times that by 10.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OMG, that looks horrible. Geez louise. I feel for ya man. Ouch x 10. :(

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bad news is I had a nasty flare up again tonight. Good news is that my pain program I've been involved in has really helped with the mental aspect of pain and the different ways of blocking out the pain.
And that has helped me turn a 4 hour flare up into an hour one. It still hurt like an SOB but I can mediate and take my mental focus off that and focus solely on my breathing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still getting these painful spasms and flares. Feels like its on fire and freezing at the same time. Only thing is now, they happen any time of the day and without warning. Before, I was only getting them in the evening. It makes things very difficult as I never know when it will flare and have to be prepared to drop everything and be out of commission for an hour minimum.

That picture is from last night. That lasted an hour before I could straighten it then it burned for another 2 hours.
4465d9546279c6caafca357cb2917e5c.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I talked about my surgery in another thread. My last hernia repair was a nightmare from the getgo at the hospital. This time the hospital stay was much better aside from a couple of episode's with ignorant nurses. Even then, my personal care nurses were great. The first problem I had was when only minutes after being brought to my room, i was in so much pain from being transferred from the stretcher to the bed that I had to throw up into the closest thing around which was a wash basin. At the same time, my foot and leg were flared up like above. To make matters worse, a nurse came in and totally disregarded my condition and shoved a needle into my arm while I was throwing up.

I normally have good blood pressure with it being somewhere around 120/75. While in the hospital, it consistently stayed in the 160/100 range. It did come down eventually.

The surgery was supposed to be a simple hernia repair with one main smaller incision over the hernia and two for the cameras. When he got in there he discovered that my entire original incision line from the accident 3 years ago was about to pop into a massive hernia. Change of plans. One HUGE mesh inserted then stitched to the abdominal wall all over. That meant several cut sites all over to get in and sew the mesh to my muscle so it doesn't move. Then staple each cut shut. Some cuts were bigger than others requiring more staples. Lots of swelling also accompanied it. Staples come out friday. In the meantime I'm barely moving around and hurting.
e821e4511d36495f555fd65c628dba29.jpg
4234dfdd8fea899d8708e4ff3f85aacd.jpg
f9dfc9d95d94c4098f32c1ed7b33c9ff.jpg
5a15be2fb695cbfd09633f18e48fccd7.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, that looks painful. Best wishes & prayers for a fast recovery. I feel for ya man.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks doc. I didn't think things could be worse than my horror story recovery from the last surgery in 2017. The recovery on this one is hopefully going to be less complicated and infection free. But more painful. Last year the pain was in one general area. This year my entire abdomen is in pain. It hurts. Oh and if I see anything funny on tv laughing is almost unbearable. [emoji37]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still hurting big time. Stress is through the roof today. Depositions with lawyers where I have to basically relive the day of my accident from the time I wake up till what I remember. Also pointing out everything I can't do and how it's affected my life and my family's life.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm moving around much better now. My abs still burn like hell. So far so good though. My first hernia operation was closed with stitches and eventually opened up when it became infected. This time he used staples. They come out tomorrow thankfully. They burn and pull.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm moving around much better now. My abs still burn like hell. So far so good though. My first hernia operation was closed with stitches and eventually opened up when it became infected. This time he used staples. They come out tomorrow thankfully. They burn and pull.

Glad you’re getting around better. Getting the staples out will be a great improvement!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Most staples are out now. He left a few on the main incision for a couple more weeks to hold things together

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. But he did try removing a couple staples from the main incision however it immediately stared opening up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So yes. We're at camp this week and everyone else is having a great time swimming and doing whatever. Me, not so much. I realize that I'm only 2 weeks post surgery but it doesn't make it any easier sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun. When it came time to move the shed this morning, I was pretty much useless and in the way. Same with building the new one. I couldn't even handle sitting on the sidelines and watch. Just sucks being only 41 and feeling 90.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This job would probably be a good one if the boss wasn't such an ass. I think he gets off on being a jerk to his employees. I am being nice right now because I'm on FF but I'd like to tell him a few choice words.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This job would probably be a good one if the boss wasn't such an ass. I think he gets off on being a jerk to his employees. I am being nice right now because I'm on FF but I'd like to tell him a few choice words.
Been there, done that.
Mmmmhmmm.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking better. Even the spot that opened up. The rest of the staples come out next week. I'm slowly able to get around more but have to watch with bending over and any lifting. If I do anything the mesh inside pulls and burns.
e6f76ff27b3b4d0caa3ea5b6ca7fb322.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So yesterday I had to make an unplanned visit to see my surgeon to get antibiotics as once again the incision is infected. I'm on a heavy dose of antibiotics for the weekend and have to report back monday morning. Thankfully a friend of ours is a nurse out at camp and has a good supply of dressings. Here we go again. As soon as those staples come out the thing is going to open up like last time. That means nurses coming to the house 3 times a week for the next few months. Yay. Just what I wanted.
d297fcc2090e38d62718a872152a2386.jpg