• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Saturday JEOPARDY

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
Saturday JEOPARDY
Highlight between the brackets to see the "question"........

JEOPARDY- FOOD & DRINK
1. ($400)- The first oat-based, ready to eat cold cereal, this brand is now also sold in Multi-grain and other flavors...
[what is Cheerio's ? ]
2. ($1200)- In the American West, this condiment is known as "BEST" ; in the East, it's called this ...
[what is Hellman's ? ]
3. ($2000)- Calistoga Mineral Water is from this valley that's famous for its vinyards ....
[what is the Nappa Valley ? ]

Double JEOPARDY- AUTHORS
4.($800)- It is said that this Kim author's autograph was so prized in the 1890's that many of his personal checks were never cashed...
[who is Ruyard Kipling ? ]
5. ($2400)- He based The Moon and Sixpence on the life of Paul Gauguin, but his character was British ...
[who is W. Somerset Maugham ? ]
6. ($4000)- This author who served in the New Hebrides during WW II transformed the Vanuatuan island of Ambae into his Bali Hai ...
[who is James A. Michener ? ]

Final JEOPARDY- THE "AGES"
Homeric Troy was found to date from this age ...
[what is the Bronze age ?]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I usually do better than this on Saturday Jeopardy.

I got 3, 4 and 6.

I guess that "long ago" won't get me any points for Final Jeopardy. :yum: