• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

J5 Rebuild Progress

buster

My J5 is starting to come together slowly. I am going through the differential now. Need to change bearings but all else looks good. Once that's in I can finish the front and then install the roll cage. Then it will be time to start work on the tracks. I'm hoping to have it usable by fall. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2700.jpg
    IMG_2700.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 722

J5 Bombardier

Very nice Buster ! Lots of time spent trying to think of everything and where it goes, your doing a great job.For the winch are you running a hyd pump off the crank or is that it on the left side of the engine ?
J5 Bombardier:clap:

buster

Yes you do. I have a six foot blade that I am going to cut down a bit. Will use it to push logs around and help hold the front end down.

rmiller

:unsure:
My J5 is starting to come together slowly. I am going through the differential now. Need to change bearings but all else looks good. Once that's in I can finish the front and then install the roll cage. Then it will be time to start work on the tracks. I'm hoping to have it usable by fall. Here are some pics.

Buster we have a freind with a J5 he just bought , he does not know how to adjust the turn brakes or clutches , do you have info on this ??? Ron M

buster

The brake band adjustment is at the base of the pull handle. Adjust the nut down to tighten the band. If adjusting the bands does not help it may be that your bushings or bearings are worn in the differential. Good luck

J5 Bombardier

Ok Buster ,give us an update on your "J5 project" ! I'm still ahead with the longest rebuild with my" Muskeg project" but your getting me nervous!:poke:
J5 Bombardier

buster

J5 Bombardier
I haven't had a lot of progress to report but I have started working on it again. I just finished painting my wheels. I will install them as soon as the new bearings arrive. I will take some more pictures then and post them in a week or two. Just haven' been able to find the time to work on it. Hopefully I can start building the tracks now. Sorry I haven't posted lately. I haven't seen any of your Muskeg project. Have you posted pictures?
Buster

J5 Bombardier

Hi Buster
Your project looks great, I know the feeling when you put it on the side lines,it's hard to get rolling again! My Muskeg project hasn't had any new pics posted lately, it can be found under " Muskeg hull rebuild " on page 2 of the resto section.
Keep up the good work ! J5 Bombardier:hammer: