• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anti-Rape Ladies Condoms

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is serious, but I have a few questions. Primarily, if this was marketed in ENGLAND where it is a criminal offense to FIGHT BACK, then would the rape victim be charged with assault? :hammer:

SOUTH AFRICAN ANTI-RAPE CONDOM

Posted Apr 12th 2007 5:03PM by Angela Bronner Helm
Filed under: AIDS: 25 Years and Counting
anti-rape-condom-300a041206.jpg
The adage "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" has taken on new meaning.

And with the RapeX anti-rape female condom, that pound is coming out of somebody's johnson.

RapeX is a female condom that damages a rapist's penis after penetration with sharp microscopic barbs that hook into the skin.

After the man is incapacitated, this ostensibly gives the woman time to escape. The condom can only be surgically removed (thereby catching the perp redhanded), but supposedly will not cause major damage if removed immediately.

Invented by Sonette Ehlers, a blood technician at the South African Institute for Medical Research, RapeX has been in existence since August 2005 and is to be inserted and worn when a woman is "on a train, working late, going out on a date with someone you don't know too well, going to clubs, or in any situation that you might not feel comfortable or even just not sure."

Rape plays a significant role in the high prevalence of HIV among women in South Africa.

South Africa is a country hardest hit by AIDS, a lot of which is fueled by an epidemic of rape: In a 2006 study of 1,370 South African men, nearly 20% revealed that they had raped a woman (and these are the ones ADMITTING it!)

sleeper

"if this was marketed in ENGLAND where it is a criminal offense to FIGHT BACK"

What?? Is this true??

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
"if this was marketed in ENGLAND where it is a criminal offense to FIGHT BACK"

What?? Is this true??

There are a few very highly publicized cases in England where people have fought back and ended up in jail for injuring/killing their attackers/home invaders. I do not know the extend of their laws or their limits.

RedRocker

So do you keep it in all the time in case a rapist attacks you?
Just don't forget about it when the old man gets frisky.

daedong

There are a few very highly publicized cases in England where people have fought back and ended up in jail for injuring/killing their attackers/home invaders. I do not know the extend of their laws or their limits.

Same old same old crap!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Ok just for the record self defense is 100% accepted here in the UK...we can protect ourselves and our property but there is a legal requirement known as "using reasonable Force "....

so if someone breaks into my property in the night and i take him down with a swing of my baseball bat thats fine...but if when he is down i choose to then continue to swing the Bat and beat him to death i would have over stepped the mark and will be prosecuted.....and yes this leaves a Grey area in the law as scum can attempt to have you prosecuted claiming you used " un-reasonable Force".

But far from the case we can not defend ourselves....dont get me wrong i would like to batter the fooker to death.

As for the condom it should be banned....too many vindictive women out there for it to be used for it's intended purpose.

Kei

Ok just for the record self defense is 100% accepted here in the UK...we can protect ourselves and our property but there is a legal requirement known as "using reasonable Force "....

so if someone breaks into my property in the night and i take him down with a swing of my baseball bat thats fine...but if when he is down i choose to then continue to swing the Bat and beat him to death i would have over stepped the mark and will be prosecuted.....and yes this leaves a Grey area in the law as scum can attempt to have you prosecuted claiming you used " un-reasonable Force".

But far from the case we can not defend ourselves....dont get me wrong i would like to batter the fooker to death.

As for the condom it should be banned....too many vindictive women out there for it to be used for it's intended purpose.
For every vindictive woman you can find, I can find 100 rapists. That's like saying you should ban self defense classes because somebody might misuse what they learn.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
For every vindictive woman you can find, I can find 100 rapists. That's like saying you should ban self defense classes because somebody might misuse what they learn.

Them odds seem a little high...but i do understand your point:thumb:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter

Except for the banning part, I was pondering the same as Galvatron - if not in actual totals, in utilization of this product, I'd suspect that 100:1 ratio to be reversed.

My twisted mind also has to wonder what happens if rapists get smart, check for them, remove and put on themselves inside-out. :unsure:

Kei

Except for the banning part, I was pondering the same as Galvatron - if not in actual totals, in utilization of this product, I'd suspect that 100:1 ratio to be reversed.

My twisted mind also has to wonder what happens if rapists get smart, check for them, remove and put on themselves inside-out. :unsure:
That's not an official ratio or anything. I made it high because rape statistics appear high. I believe in the United States it was around 1 in 5 women have been the victim of rape.
Yes I'm sure vindictive women would not hesitate to use this product to hurt a man but keep in mind they have been known to use things like automobiles, scissors, guns or just about anything you can think of to attack men with.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Also think of all the rapes that go unreported.
I doubt it is comfortable to wear and do not think many would have it on at the right time. The idea does deserve consideration though.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
but there is a legal requirement known as "using reasonable Force "....

Basically the same in N.Y.