• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Racoon bait?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm trying to trap some racoons in a live trap. I'm not going to release them but I don't want to trap the neighbors cats in anything deadly.

Any suggestions on good racoon trap bait that won't attract cats?

I've heard of marshmallows but was wondering if there is anything else that works well?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
we use cat food - but neighbors aren't close enough to have many problems catching theirs.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any suggestions on good racoon trap bait that won't attract cats?
A kitten :hide:

Revenge and a couple other manufacturers make bait specifically for coons (that aren't supposed to attract cats). Most box stores sell it for under $10.

Marshmallows and popcorn work well.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Eggs. I baited with that and catfood last time I needed to trap a coon; it ate both the cat food and egg by the time I checked the trap, so not sure which it was after in the first place, but I don't think cats like eggs.