• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Project Scooby/Doo

rockhead

Further to my madness of chopping tracks onto a geo tracker, I have settled up in weight to 3000 lbs of Subaru Impreza. MOAR power and a better power transmission system.
Phase one ATD/2TrackSteer with 15"x60" footprint per track
Phase two ATD/ATS slam enough front end parts in the back end and be able to counter steer and crab steer:walking gator: (no crab smiley so have a gator).
First parts en-route one hub and cv-joint for 100 dollar proof of concept check on the hub:hammer:

Where is SlinkyPickle ? Paging Dr Pickle ? Dr Pickle to the chop-shop please

rockhead

Well slowly getting parts selected and some drifting in, and got a protip, make sure you have your lathe setup for high elevation work !

Attachments

• airy.jpg
    airy.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 533

rockhead

Precision cut a splined shaft, bearing face and thread for nut to secure the works, in under four minutes with only a lathe and a mini grinder ?
Done. Probably 1/2 an hour plus to mount sprocket, next

Attachments

• parting.PNG
    parting.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 501
  • splineThis.jpg
    splineThis.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 496

rockhead

First hub shaped, ready for drilling , drill jig almost setup and then ten special holes later I'll have a hub adapter

Attachments

• hub-a-bubba.jpg
    hub-a-bubba.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 387