• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker’s and lmc’s up For auction

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
It says they have a Walter snow fighter. I had to look it up and see what that is. Kinda weird, kinda cool.

undy

It says they have a Walter snow fighter. I had to look it up and see what that is. Kinda weird, kinda cool.

Me too. Never heard of one.

Around here, when the snow's too deep, they bring out a big old Oshkosh with the V-plow. Same idea.

When you need one, it's a pretty welcome sight.

look up FWD trucks-----------here in upstate ny.---tug hill region we use to get so much snow that a guy down the street from me (lee portner) did contract work plowing state roads and had 2 fwd trucks bolted together with a v blade and would use hand signals going back and forth ramming the snow and going about 1 truck length at a time---lee has super 8 movies and does movie nights about logging and snow removal it is almost unbelievable

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I think everything was half-off. Some were more than half (of the parts) off. Took a second look at the pics and decided that it wasn't worth the trip. Looked like a bunch of scrap

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at the photos I didn't see anything, not one item, that looked like it had been well taken care of.

It's sad to see equipment neglected so badly...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just thinking out loud,

six tracks (removed and rolled up, not appearing very rusted or soiled)
six pontoons (not appearing to be super sun faded)
One machine with an unusually long rear end. ( and a opening for a driveshaft, center bearing assembly)
an ID tag with a 6 in it......

some brackets wrapped up in a tarp in the bed.

Yes the body one was left out to rot, but the one with wheels appears to have survived or been complete enough to warrant tires

with the humidity and lake effect snows those machines endured, I would say that yes there are some unique machines still out in the wild. If you are a tucker lover, there was a unique machine hidding in plain sight.

$.02 please.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just thinking out loud,

One machine with an unusually long rear end. ( and a opening for a driveshaft, center bearing assembly)

Which picture is that in??

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the link brianf put up is from a service..

click the link at the top that takes you to the auctioneers website.

there is many more photos, including a third tucker.....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Just thinking out loud,

six tracks (removed and rolled up, not appearing very rusted or soiled)

some brackets wrapped up in a tarp in the bed.

Yes the body one was left out to rot, but the one with wheels appears to have survived or been complete enough to warrant tires

with the humidity and lake effect snows those machines endured, I would say that yes there are some unique machines still out in the wild. If you are a tucker lover, there was a unique machine hidding in plain sight.

$.02 please.

just PayPal'd you $.02

the 6 in the ID tag on the machine hiding in plain sight, refers to a 462 and not the 462 with the 3 rd set of pontoons as a trailer set up, but rather, the 3 rd set of pontoons were attached to a 5 th wheel and bolted to the frame, thus the reason for the extra long rear frame design, this made it a 6 pontoon drive tucker, it was a special experimental designed for the east coast and sold through the dealer.

yes Professor Squirrel, a very special machine hiding in plain sight...

it was modified later in life and had the middle set on pontoons removed and was left with the extended frame setup, thus the need for the carrier bearing setup for the drive shaft.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Do any pictures of a six track exist? I can't think of a reason that you would need more floatation in the sticky dense Eastern snow other than to carry more load?? It would be great to see it returned to its former configuration, not a small job!

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Question: Which Tucker in those pictures has the longer body/frame?

The original AuctionZip site showed the tracks, but also an additional 442 that was on tracks & pontoons. This one is not shown in detail at all on that site, or the GoToAuction site.

On the GoToAuction site (https://www.gotoauction.com/sales/view/71558.html#gal ) it gives better details of the other two tuckers. But there's no way that the one on tires (#3), or the one sitting on the ground could possibly have the room for another set of pontoons mounted to the frame.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, non driven pontoons at the back. Six tracks, four sprockets in the auction pic.
Hey redsqrl, how did you know there were brackets wrapped in that tarp?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, I can see the axle in those pics. The hooks on the back of the #3 Tucker would be about right hold the chains on the attachment.
I sent cockaigne ski hill a message and they confirmed all of the Tucker's sold, hopefully to a forum member so we can see it get put back together
I'm glad I'm not in the market or I'd be kicking myself for not going:hammer:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Let the self kicking begin!!! Just heard back from the auctioneer, the complete tucker was pulled from the auction as it was someone else's, the one with tires sold for $400.�� I hope they fix it, what a missed opportunity.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Captain After thought here again, sorry if that number was not for public consumption, congratulations!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
just speculation on the tarp in the bed.

Nothing was covered or tarped, I figured if the parts warranted a tarp they must have been unique.