• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Prayers for Durwood..

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Copied from Dwain's sisters wall on facebook..Durwood needs all the prayers he can get..

Got a call from the hospital at 340 this morning that Dwain Marker has taken a turn for the worse. His heart stopped and was stopped for 5 minutes before they got him revived. He is now on a ventilator and they have him drug induced unconscious. They are hooking him up to dialysis at this minute. They have cooling blankets on him to keep his body and brain temperature down. The next 48 hours are crucial. I visited him last night for 3 hours and we had such a great visit. I feel like this is a bad dream.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure hate to hear that about good ole Dur. Prayers on the way.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Please let his sister know, via facebook, that he is in all of our thoughts.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The short of what she post last night..Dwain opened his eyes ..was sent for a catscan..is going for a eeg today to try to determine if there is brain damage..I guess there's no responce except opening his eyes..Continued prayers for Dwain..Thanks..

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know first hand how it goes waking up from a coma as I was in one for 3 weeks when I was a child. After 3 weeks I opened my eyes but couldn't respond in any way. After a week I finally responded when my uncle farted and I laughed. So here's hoping it will be the same thing for Durwood. Continued prayers for a full recovery.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The short of what she post last night..Dwain opened his eyes ..was sent for a catscan..is going for a eeg today to try to determine if there is brain damage..I guess there's no responce except opening his eyes..Continued prayers for Dwain..Thanks..
Thanks for the update. Prayers continuing.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Todays Update

Robin McKinney
Today's update on Dwain Marker. He follows us with his eyes and when you ask him questions he will nod his head yes or no. He's also now squeezing our hands and moving his feet when we ask him to. They've given him a little sedation medicine today because he's moving around quite a bit in his bed. They're going to do dialysis today but will not try to take him off vent. They tried yesterday for a little while and he didn't very well. As always we appreciate all the prayers. He still has a long way to go!

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sundays Update:: Good News...

Robin McKinney
Today's update on Dwain Marker. Got to the hospital and his nurse told us they were going to remove the vent today. They removed it, did a breathing treatment then allowed us back in to see him. He was trying to talk. After awhile he was shutting his eyes so I told him we would leave so he could rest. I told him I loved him and he nodded his head yes. I asked him if he could say love you and he looked at me and said love you! It was hoarse and very faint but I heard it! Praise The Lord for miracles!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Life is tough enough as it is! I hope that he has a speeding recovery and is back at the computer in short order with a happy family behind him!

God speed a quick recovery!

Suni

I have had an experience of dealing with someone in a coma.. even in a deep coma, they can hear you.. Dur is coming out of his, and is tired.. will need a lot of rest.

What I can add at this point.. sometimes, a patient will just lie there,, and look asleep, and may very well be.. drifting in and out of sleep as is what we do when we are in the healing process.

Grab a paper, a book, a newspaper and read.. you can not imagine how COMFORTING it is to know someone is there... yes, drifting in and out of sleep... but relieved and comforted that someone is there... reading aloud is one of the best things you can do for someone. Works almost as good as a hug. When you are lying there... so weak, so sick... don't really want to move or open your eyes... but you hear everything... a calming voice reading does wonders.

Try it.

As our dad was starting to pass away... and not moving, eyes closed... my sister called everyone, so that those long distance could speak to my father... he heard them and reacted with the sound of each voice.. tears would roll down his face as he listened... eyes closed.. tubes in nose and mouth... he listened and cried. He responded and everyone knew that HE knew they were reaching out to him...

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Robin McKinney
it's been awhile since I've posted an update on Dwain Marker: he's doing very well with his physical therapy - getting stronger every day. His therapists are coming out to his apartment Thursday to do an assessment on things that may make it easier living on his own. He's so excited to come home and see his apartment. Please continue to pray for his memory. He's come such a long way already but still has problems with the short term. To me he is a miracle. Not many people have their heart stop for a full 5 minutes, be in a coma on a ventilator for 6 days and get back to where he is already at. It's only been 8 weeks since this happened. The doctors told us that it can take a full 6 months for the brain to heal as far as it will heal. I don't think they ever expected him to do as well as he's doing. All I know is that God certainly has a purpose for him on this Earth. What a great testimony he has. I'm so happy - I feel like we (almost) have the old Dwain back. I sure do love him!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Continued prayers for Durwood. I know firsthand how hard it is coming out of a coma. I was in one for 3 weeks when I was 5 yrs old. Total memory loss from before that time. It's definately not a walk in the park recovering from that.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's still an uphill struggle but I'm glad to hear that he is handling it so well.

More power to him. :clap::clap::clap: