• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Some pics from Cozumel

Ironman

What else is there to do in Cozumel for those of us who don't scuba dive?
You can rent a car or motorcycle and drive around the whole island. Find a secluded spot along the beach somewhere and chill out. There is the San Gervasio riuns in the middle of the island too - I didn't hit that. Lots of stuff to do in the town square or whatever it's called. Just do your shopping when the cruise ships aren't there. Don't forget to hit the Greenhouse cigar bar. Lotsa cute babes there too. :shifty: We met a guy that ran a bar on the other side of the island (no electric there) and he gave us his phone # to go hang with him at his house the next day. Nice folks.

You can also hop on a ferry and go across to the mainland to Playa del Carmen. Then go north to cancun or south to the Mayan ruins which is extremely cool!

I don't know how safe the island is to roam freely now days tho.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics there JPR. the water off the phillipene islands is that clear.....or it was a few years back........

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc......this was the excursion I booked when we stopped from a cruise.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shore...shorexByPort&ProductCode=CZA5&DestinationCode=

The boats only ran 25 - 30 but we ran the heck out of them and even tho you played follow the leader..... they took you out several miles, full tilt boogie into some pretty good waves for the size of the boats. I believe you can book them direct when they are not filled by the cruise passengers and save a few bucks.

I would do it again.....good time.

let me know if you have any other questions

http://www.cozumelwatersports.com/ToursExcursions/SpeedboatandBeach.htm

There are a lot of things to do.....
.....Search -- 'Cozumel excursions' and you will get lists

Them some great pics Mosi , Thanks for sharing . Nice choice for a cruiseline as well :whistling: . How long ago was the cruise & which ship were you aboard out of curiosity ? :wink:

mosi

Banned
Thanks Cowboy. That was Royal Caribbean's 'Grandeur of the Seas'.

That cruise was last March.

We were there again this last December but I have yet to unload the camera:hammer:

JPR has the right idea of going below the water with scuba to explore some beautiful scenery. If people are not divers but can get in the water and are able to float..... simple snorkeling is a real trip. There are inexpensive boat rides with snorkeling stops near reefs that will let you experience, not quite what JPR showed you, but some very beautiful sights.

Attachments

• Grandeur of the seas cruise 441_1024x768_1024x768.jpg
    Grandeur of the seas cruise 441_1024x768_1024x768.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 769
  • Grandeur of the seas cruise 446_1024x768.jpg
    Grandeur of the seas cruise 446_1024x768.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 754

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
You can rent a car or motorcycle and drive around the whole island. Find a secluded spot along the beach somewhere and chill out. There is the San Gervasio riuns in the middle of the island too - I didn't hit that. Lots of stuff to do in the town square or whatever it's called. Just do your shopping when the cruise ships aren't there. Don't forget to hit the Greenhouse cigar bar. Lotsa cute babes there too. :shifty: We met a guy that ran a bar on the other side of the island (no electric there) and he gave us his phone # to go hang with him at his house the next day. Nice folks.

You can also hop on a ferry and go across to the mainland to Playa del Carmen. Then go north to cancun or south to the Mayan ruins which is extremely cool!

I don't know how safe the island is to roam freely now days tho.

Yup, Cozumel is seven layers of awesome. As for safety, there aren't any issues there. It was still a little disconcerting seeing the Federalis with their machine guns mounted on pick up trucks and stationed every couple miles on the road from Cancun to Playa del Carmen.

The ruins in Tulum are awesome:

Attachments

• SCAN0006s.jpg
    SCAN0006s.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 746

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
The diving is phenomenal in Coz. Skip the snorkeling. Get SCUBA certified and do some shallow dives. Plus, SCUBA is easier than snorkeling, IMHO.

Where we stayed, the dive boat left right from our beach. The first is of us gearin' up for the day's dive. The second is a nifty sunset shot to give y'all a better idea as to how close the dive op pier was to our beach.

Attachments

• DSCN2390s.jpg
    DSCN2390s.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_0841s.jpg
    IMG_0841s.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 744

norscaner

SCUBA is easier than snorkeling, IMHO.

I agree jpr.
We snorkelled all over the Dominiacan Republic and just wanted to get off the surface.
I was certified in Sept ..did my 4 open water dives in 54 degree water and cant wait to hit the warm water in 25 days, not that I am counting.

My sweety snorkelled in Coz 2 summers ago on a boat called the Nena.
This Lady made her feel like a pro and no worries if you have no experience.
Anyone going to Coz check out www.divewithchristina.com
I have not bought the expensive underwater camera yet but will try to rent one in Roatan and bring back some pics.

awakevaulting

Such a nice place to visit! I haven't been there yet but when I go to Cabo San Lucas, I'd love to visit Cozumel and Cancun too. Btw, how far is it from Cabo? Any idea?:wink:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cabo is about as far away as you can get from Cancun and Cozumel. 3400KM.

Cabo, as you know is in baja California area.

Cancun and Cozumel are on the Yucatan peninsula on the far east coast (Cozumel is actually an island in the Caribbean sea).