• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

write your own caption

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
heard this somewhere, not sure where, but it seems so prefect

"first I told Wilbur, then I told Orville, it is not going to fly"

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the Insurance Institute for Home Safety statistics...

don't drink Orange Kool Aide and drive

Last edited:

KT3survivor

"someone spiked the orange kool-aid"

the toe is so dug in i wanna say a tree root jammed inbetween the rollers and pontoon??

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
"hold my Kool-aide and watch this"

"going to park it on top of the fence post, seen kitty cats sitting there all the time"

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Roller slip out of guide track and lodge somehow? Guide track break loose and catch a link?

:th_lmao: no, us two track folks know just how it could be us next time. Though it does have a humorous picture.

Sno-Surfer

"someone spiked the orange kool-aid"

the toe is so dug in i wanna say a tree root jammed inbetween the rollers and pontoon??

Another good guess but not quite it either.

So I’ll tell you how it happened but still want to see if anyone can guess the “fix”.

Basically I was backing out and thought I was going over a snow mound but things kept going up. Sno-Drifter immediately pointedly out the cat claw marks on the post so I must have cut the corner too close and climbed up it. Then drove it forward and I think the track caught the bed and it kept climbing it until it got really stuck.

Sno-Surfer

Roller slip out of guide track and lodge somehow? Guide track break loose and catch a link?

:th_lmao: no, us two track folks know just how it could be us next time. Though it does have a humorous picture.

Good guesses again Tom but still not it. I gave away the “how did this happen” part above but I still want to know who can guess how to get this sucker down.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Basically I was backing out and thought I was going over a snow mound but things kept going up..

WOW, I never would have guessed a failure of the M1A2 Sno-Cat control module. Usually this is associated with overuse of the Ethanol Cold Weather Operation Ade.

PJL

The pontoon will be bound up and won't come off unless the axle is loosened enough to get some slack. Then it should all come apart.

Next you need to install a gimballed beverage holder for those hold my beer moments.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This has to be some kinda record; zero to three pages in 17 hours and 4 mins.!!

You get the prize pontoon princess. Ready for your ride?

KT3survivor

either way you invented a new snowcat trick. pontoon press or a butter tucker. must be all that banked slalom practice

Sno-Surfer

So far you guys are making me feel better since no ones guessed the fix.

Tucker folks, this could happen to you (probably not in a million years) so how are we getting it down?
I thought of all of the above fixes too but I knew better to wait for Sno Drifter to show up before I start in on those ideas. But I had the track apart when he showed up which should help things....you’d think.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
could it be so simple as, like, turn the wheel slightly and back up very slowly and no need to remove the track....
and yes cut the ski rack off first that is tangled up in the track grousers

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, maybe put the right track back together and open up the left rear track so that sprocket can free spin, remove the front drive shaft so the cat holds still then put it in drive (or first) to walk it back down? Probably not but that would let you use the engine to turn just the stuck side to dislodge it. I might be thinking backwards, it’s confusing to picture the pontoon V.S. track rotation.

I hope that never happens to my two track!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker 542 demonstrating the Stray Cat Strut

He’s got cat class and he’s got cat style

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No, me thinks it needs a warm bowl of oil and some glucosamine and a vacation east to meet its cousins. Time to enjoy the good life.........:bolt:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Little right turn of the wheel should move that pontoon away from the body. Gently work while backing up.

Put the track back on first.

Sno-Surfer

Little right turn of the wheel should move that pontoon away from the body. Gently work while backing up.

Put the track back on first.

That’s right. Pontoon Princes gave it away too. ;-).

When Sno-Drifter arrived he had a good look at it for about 5 minutes and said yes we could cut some things off the bed that it’s hanging up on but before we do that why don’t you jump in, start it up and see if turning the wheel will give us the clearance. But let’s put the track back together first.
And the light bulb went off....:idea: of course. Turning the wheel will move the pontoon away from the bed and that’s all it took....:bolt:

I looked at that all morning trying to figure out what to do. I now cringe thinking how I was yanking on things to get it down. Those pontoons don’t flex and they are pretty strong to yank on (but don’t do that!).
Problem solved and disaster diverted once again thanks to Sno Drifter. A 4 hour round trip drive for a few minutes of trouble shooting and believe me, I’m in debt to Sno Drifter even more than I was before the drive out. Huge thanks for saving my pontoon problem. Just a cosmetic dent on the pontoon and a few things to be straightened on my rack and canvas top but otherwise everything is still functional and I’m ready for the next big dump coming later today.
I hope no one else finds themselves in this predicament but if you do I hope this helps. :smile: