• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

oversized load lights

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is time to get my lights and flags for my 9' snowcat. I will be towing after sunset and need to be weather proof because of the snow.
any suggestions on the kind?
I have the signs.
jim

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Most transports I have seen use lights that extend on a tube to match the load width. These are real handy for the driver at night as it is a good visual for where the load sits. Might be able to find a brand name from some heavy haul outfits. Murray trailer mfg. could probably help you out.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
this is the load
Canyonontrailer.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the sate of Alaska only requires a beacon on most loads we have some magnetic led flashers we use like road flares for our fuel trucks. I think they are made by ao safety other wise I believe all you will need are flags or reflective tape at each corner another option would be magnetic par 36 tow lights

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that's ok I've kind of wanted Doc to change my screen name as my company is no longer Don's Diesel Service. I just haven't bothered him too much as he has his health issues to deal with ,and yes i'm a dad too that's not all together incorrect

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I needed something that wouldn't fall off my load if I hit a hole or blast of wind .
I chose foxfire with two 90lb magnuts. They look good and chip proof. haven't used them yet so well find out. Right now one is on my porch flashing and maybe it will lure in a trick or treater. We haven't had any in 10 years .
The bad is I looked on line and called in the order 4 lights and 4 flags. They also sent 24 catalogs. I have a stack of the same book 18" high! It all came in a box you could have fit a small spare tire in. The wife couldn't even pick it up off the porch.
I got what looks like high quality light and flags though.
jim

the old trucker

Google trucklite or grote. They are 2 of the major light providers. Which is wider, the blade or the track ?? I used to have my W/L lights taped to the load strap. The cords were 10' long. I had a small female plug at the end of the trailer & one at the front. Some states & provinces wanted flashing lights @ the widest corners & others wanted a solid light. All I had to do was plug in a flasher if needed. Worked great for me accross Canada & the US.

OT.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
tracks and blade are the same .you can see in the picture above.
I should have what is needed now.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
that's ok I've kind of wanted Doc to change my screen name as my company is no longer Don's Diesel Service. I just haven't bothered him too much as he has his health issues to deal with ,and yes i'm a dad too that's not all together incorrect
That's easy peezy stuff Don. Just tell me what you want it to be and I can fix ya up. I'm going back to work next week and glad about it. Wish I could have gone back sooner. Course I've been working about 1/2 time from home. Since I'm in IT I can do that fairly easy.