• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Reunion concerts, tours or whatever.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was mentioned in the Zepplin thread that the band getting back together was a "Sentimental waste of time and money".

What do you think of bands (or solo performers) coming back 20, 30 or 40 years after their "prime time" and performing again?

Personally, I've seen some pretty mixed results but these are based on older "comebacks". The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" in 1994 and Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse of Reason" 1987 were in my book the best 2.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Honestly, was the music any better or even just as good? Probably not...

I love the "classic" rock and the old bands, LZ, Aerosmith, Eagles, et all, but I don't think I'd waste the money to see some social security eligible "rockers" relive their youth.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well I expected to see the Rolling Stones do one of the next gigs in "Depends" and using Walkers.... and sponsered by Geritol :)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly, was the music any better or even just as good? Probably not...
In the 2 I mentioned (Eagles and PF), it was at least as good. Better? Hmmm, it's damn near impossible to beat their old stuff. The acoustics in their new version of Hotel California I think are better. It really needs to be cranked up (so the bongo beat thumps your chest) but here it is on YouTube.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The band is reliving the moment ... and many of the fans are too. And younger folks that never had a chance to see them before at least see them, even if they are older.
I caught a video clip of Zepplin from yesterday and they sounded good. If I wasn't seeing how much older they are, I would not have known 40 years had pasted since they wrote the material.
Plus, the old guys need to get some more cash, and touring is better than being a Wal-Mart greeter, wouldn't you say?

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Well I expected to see the Rolling Stones do one of the next gigs in "Depends" and using Walkers.... and sponsered by Geritol :)

I guess you and I both remember when the stage ramps at a concert were only the equipment