• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Poor Ocasio-Cortez complains about her workload

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
March 15, 2019
Poor Ocasio-Cortez complains about her workload
By Thomas Lifson
A
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/03/poor_ocasiocortez_complains_about_her_workload.html

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is upset that her new job in Congress – which mostly consists of talking -- is too demanding. We can infer from her shock the night that she won her primary battle against the ten-term incumbent that she defeated (and therefore presumptively won the seat in the general election) that she didn’t really expect to assume the responsibility of a member of the House of Representatives. Which might explain her embarrassing questioning of the president of Wells Fargo Bank Wednesday

But now that she is not merely a congresswoman but a media darling, it turns out that work life is more demanding than bartending and cadging tips. She may not have as much time to spend on buying clothing and makeup as she used to be able to. Watch her kvetch about the work demands her unexpected victory has brought:

(Video at link)

The promise of “economic security for those unable or unwilling to work” when her Green New Deal was introduced may have been a personal priority.

Recall that this particular guarantee generated so much criticism that the document was pulled down rapidly. It was so embarrassing that one of her advisors went on TV and denounced that version as “doctored” – later proven to be a lie. Or maybe, more charitably, the promise was so stupid that a professor at Cornell Law School couldn't believe it was serious.

From Peter Hasson and Emily Larsen at the Daily Caller:

Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and left-wing group Media Matters teamed up to push a viral but inaccurate claim from one of her policy advisers about the contents of documents relating to her Green New Deal proposal.

Robert Hockett, a Cornell law professor who is advising Ocasio-Cortez on her Green New Deal, claimed on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that her proposal did not include economic protections for those “unwilling to work” and claimed that the phrase came from a “doctored document.”

“I, we, we never would, right? And AOC has never said anything like that, right? I think you’re referring to some sort of document that some, I think some doctored document that somebody other than us has been circulating,” Hockett answered, inaccurately.

“Oh, I thought that came right from her, that was in the backgrounder from her office, is my understanding,” Carlson replied.

“No, no. She’s actually tweeted it out to laugh at it. If you look at her latest tweets, it seems that apparently, some Republicans have put it out there,” Hockett insisted.

Ocasio-Cortez’s office did, however, publish a “Green New Deal FAQ” that said it guarantees “economic security to all who are unable or unwilling to work,” contrary to Hockett’s claims. Her office later deleted the FAQ.

Watch the humiliating attempt at fake news here:
A
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=0qyx6eDkrmw"]Tucker grills Ocasio-Cortez adviser over 'Green New Deal' - YouTube[/ame]
A

News1 screen grab

Attachments

• C20300FE-9E3A-4F78-AFA1-A05B9D32EF28.png
    C20300FE-9E3A-4F78-AFA1-A05B9D32EF28.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 22