• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker auction

brianf

Attachments

• 83BF9F10-8B91-4EA2-99DD-A6F5942B3C29.jpeg
    83BF9F10-8B91-4EA2-99DD-A6F5942B3C29.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 401

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like some damage to the rear side of the tracks?!

I think thats one cat that I would try in Tucker version

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
People on-line are afraid of distressed machines, specifically ones on the wrong side of the Mississippi river. Drop this in CO and slap a few monster words in the description, you will get that 1 that is missing in front of the $5300 it is currently sold at.....

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen worse, and to be honest, I've bought worse. (But I've learned that lesson, too.)

Obviously the photos are old. (How old?) Certainly it looks like its been sitting for a while, and that was when the photos were taken. What does it look like now? No information on number of hours, or photo of the hour meter. Is it a four-speed or a five-speed? Missing rear drive sprockets, so presumably no cores to get recovered. Not sure what is meant by "...hub on driver side rear track are destroyed". Is the seller talking about what the drive sprockets bolt to? If the axle spindle is damaged, that could be a major expense to repair, possibly requiring a new axle housing and new journals. That could be serious money. Reading the information on the door "Buffalo Run Sponsored by South Bend Snowmobile Club" suggests groomer usage history on the Buffalo Run trail. It seems like the seller's description is incomplete, and a lot of questions are left unanswered.

In my not-so-humble opinion a 1342 is the base model, and commands the lowest dollar amount. A three door, or four door machine is worth substantially more. Similarly, a long track machine is more desirable, and brings a higher selling price.

But this machine does have damper wheels, and at that selling price will allow the purchaser to invest significant money on parts and/or repairs and not be upside down, but definitely a project machine.

Recently an older (1981) Tucker 1342 with over 2,000 hours sold for a lot more money in Montana. I think a more complete description could have answered a lot of questions, and potentially brought a significantly higher selling price.