• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Show a Soldier that we care......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I have checked out the following information and I am certain beyond any doubt that this is not a hoax. Help to get this information out to everyone we know so this Soldier can bring her companion and fellow soldier back together..... Junk.....

Air Force Tech. Sgt. Jamie Dana and her Working Military Dog Rex were inseparable companions. For three years they lived together, worked together, and relied upon each other. Their job was to patrol checkpoints and scour buildings for hidden explosives, and have served together in Iraq and Pakistan.

On June 25th, 2005 Jamie and Rex were returning from patrol when a bomb detonated under their vehicle. Jamie was seriously injured, and in a coma. Doctors didn't expect her to live, and she had to be transported to the United States for medical treatment. It was only when she awoke she learned that Rex had also survived.

This is really a story about the bond of love that exists between Jamie and Rex. A bond so strong that her last thoughts before loosing consciousness was of Rex. A bond forged through training, through military service, and through companionship.

Jamie has returned to active duty, and wants to adopt Rex into her family. But current law prohibits the adoption of a combat dog until they reach retirement age. For Rex this could be another 5 to 10 years.

Please help re-unite Rex and Jamie - Urge President Bush to encourage legislation to override these laws. http://go.care2.com/e/iFF/E3/LeN4

LarryRB

Last I read on my chopper net,,, the senate and house have to have a quick "vote" to relinquish the dog from active service to retirement outside the military... It will happen,. just takes a few weeks to get it all together.