• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mackinac Island 01/02/15

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
10915158_10205091719228530_7221958561036952322_n.jpg

Photos from Kate Dupre's post in Mackinac Island News and Views

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty picture. I can't see the Facebook one 'coz I'm not a member.

It looks like the kind of scene that I like to look at from inside a warm and cozy bar. :brows:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A few years ago over on the Crossfire Forum, one of the posters told of how he drove his Crossfire roadster across the Mackinac Bridge at -40F at over 100MPH with the top down!! Heater full blast and seat warmers on High!!

I have no idea if that story is even true, but why would anyone want to make themselves look so stupid, if it wasn't? :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A few years ago over on the Crossfire Forum, one of the posters told of how he drove his Crossfire roadster across the Mackinac Bridge at -40F at over 100MPH with the top down!! Heater full blast and seat warmers on High!!

I have no idea if that story is even true, but why would anyone want to make themselves look so stupid, if it wasn't? :yum:
GREAT pic Mr. L.
I thought they closed the mighty mac from November to April. :confused:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
GREAT pic Mr. L.

Oh, I don't know, Doc. Maybe Mr. Libs can clue us in. Like I said, not sure if the story was even true. I just could never imagine anyone stupid enough to try such a stunt. One little patch of ice the size of a hard hat at that speed and its now a Dearly Beloved situation. Stupid if it is true and stupid if it is a lie. :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
GREAT pic Mr. L.

They do close the bridge when there is severe weather and also for high winds, but that is all. I know last year it closed many times.