• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Check out the beer cozy santa put in my stocking
83932fa0db36ca7cd94f234282797bfc.jpg
a4e8ddbf83a16643d82be98569214d75.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No big meals yesterday or today. Fine by me. I haven't been eating much lately. I'm lucky if I can manage one full meal a day without an upset stomach. I had breakfast this morning and have been fighting a sore stomach since.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a Yule log today. The outside temp was almost 70F so no fire inside.
I had a 36" long X27" diameter red oak log from last year's tree felling. Drilled a hole on one side, stuck in a Holly branch, and placed it over a pile of burning logs in the 80" Diameter fire pit.

We sat outside most of the day and made plans for the Winter and Spring.

Son and his family are coming over for a 3:00 dinner. They'll likely get here by 6:00. With the Yule log burning, I officially have the day off until it's consumed. Cathy keeps adding logs to the fire. Humm?

Merry Christmas to all you folks, from our house, to yours:clap:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
No big meals yesterday or today. Fine by me. I haven't been eating much lately. I'm lucky if I can manage one full meal a day without an upset stomach. I had breakfast this morning and have been fighting a sore stomach since.

Try apple cider vinegar. It has to be raw with the mother in it. 5 years ago I had a horrible stomach seemed like I got acid drinking water. everytime I ate something got stabbing pains across my lower abdomen under my navel. Got tested for everything with no relief. 2- weeks after using the apple cider vinegar I was cured and still good to this day. I know I sound like a vinegar salesman but it really works. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well another Christmas has passed. Everyone did pretty good this year. Santa brought me a massage chair. Everyone have a very merry Christmas holiday season. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 42

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Marty,

Please give us a full review on your new chair!!!

Looks promising... :smile:

Spent the after noon watching, and getting tools for the daughters and boyfriend to put Mom's new exercise machine together. They need the experience lol...

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing that massage chair is like the ones you find in malls? Those rotating knobs in the mall chairs are too intense for my back.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing that massage chair is like the ones you find in malls? Those rotating knobs in the mall chairs are too intense for my back.

I had one of the small ones like a car seat it only does your back. After using it for a while I was laying on it. Seems like you get use to it pretty quick but you have an injury and that is something different I don't know if you would ever get used to it. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Marty,

Please give us a full review on your new chair!!!

Looks promising... :smile:

Spent the after noon watching, and getting tools for the daughters and boyfriend to put Mom's new exercise machine together. They need the experience lol...

Regards, Kirk

Sure will and the best part is when it came out of the box no assembly required. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had one of the small ones like a car seat it only does your back. After using it for a while I was laying on it. Seems like you get use to it pretty quick but you have an injury and that is something different I don't know if you would ever get used to it. Marty
I do have one of the small ones like that. I bought it used and tried it once. It was too intense for the pain in my back and actually made things worse. I go to physio and the chiropractor once a week now. They each do something different.

rugerman

Sorry for your stomach problems. Me on the other hand, not a problem , I love corn bread dressing, giblet gravey and home made cranberry sauce. My wife made extra dressing and cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving , she just did not cook the dressing, she froze it and for Christmas Eve and day suppers we had her fried chicken, dressing, my giblet gravey, and cranberry sauce, my tummy is happy.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like we all had a good Christmas this year.
The grandies got everything they asked for, I was gifted with the usual gift cards- always tell the kids not to get me anything, but do they listen?

I had a fast 4 hrs at work last night.
Hopefully the next 2 days go by fast too, I'm ready for the weekend off.
Here are some pics from Christmas with the girls.

-First one ...them with their Mother.
-Lainy-boo talking Santa's ear off at AMVETS lol
... finally Miss Maddie.
She wasn't sure of Olaf at first.
:smile: :wub:

FB_IMG_1577344788702.jpg

20191226_022308.jpg

FB_IMG_1577344717938.jpg

FB_IMG_1577344725180.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haircut.

A month overdue. Should have gotten it before Thanksgiving.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haircut.

A month overdue. Should have gotten it before Thanksgiving.
I always seem to wait till I'm overdue for haircut. Hated going and paying $17 for a 10 minute cut. So I procrastinated.

Last month I finally tried a local barber shop. Old building, small shop. Only open 3 days a week (Thurs, Fri and Saturday) ...and he charges $7 a haircut. $6 for ole farts like me. LOL A good ole boy. Was laid off from a local factory that closed down 20 years ago. So he went to barber school and started cutting hair. He's in his 70's and what he calls semi retired. Nice to find an old school barber shop. It's been there since I moved to the area 20 years ago, guess I should get out more.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I cut my own hair these days. Just keep it buzzed short. At my age, I dont care much what it looks like!!!!!! Usually wear a hat or cap so the damage doesnt show!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been buzzing my own hair for about 20 years. Can't be bothered with hairdressers. Last time I actually paid someone else to cut it was a day before my wedding and they butchered it.

We're doing a Turkey dinner today with a couple guests. We didn't do much Christmas eve and day. Turkey pierogies brussel sprouts turnip sweet potatoes meet pie and a cake for dessert my aunt is bringing.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a great Italian barber, named Vinnie of all things, when I lived in Chicago. Right out of "Godfather." He did it perfect for five bucks. I gave him ten so I wouldn't have to worry when a black limo slowed down as I walked.

When we moved back to St Louis, I couldn't find anyone to compare. So, my wife tried it and I was pleased. She has done it ever since. o For ver 40 years now, I do whatever she says for the same reasons I over tipped Vinnie.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today, I made a dump run, then started installing new u joints in the rear driveline on the Dodge 4X4. Saturday I was abusing it and broke the u joint on the rear axle ripping it right out of the yoke ruining the straps and bolts. Today the parts store had the u joints but had to order the straps and bolts, be in tomorrow. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm making a dump run tomorrow simply because with the Holidays the pickups are off schedule. And, with two spoiled teenagers we make a lot of trash.
Before my grandkids were dumped at our door, my wife and I accumulated a trash bin of waste about once a month. I cook from scratch and most waste goes in the compost pile. Never used bottled water or pre prepared meals. If I cooked it, we ate it all. Nothing went to waste.

Hell, we didn't even have a pick service at the house. Once a month, I took it to work

Now I find half empty water bottles all over the house. We consume at least 36 bottles of water a week. WTF is wrong with tap water??? They don't eat what is served and it goes in the trash because the compost pile is 40 steps off the back porch. And then there are the single serve convenience foods. Hot pockets, burritos and Chinese cuisines which come with more packaging than actual food.

UGH!

So after the trash truck failed to show again today, I have five bags of smelly trash plus two sacks of wrapping paper of which to haul to work and dispose of in our dumpster there. It will have room because at work, where I am still in command, we have a trash reduction program in force.

And I foolishly thought the teachers were training our children to SAVE THE PLANET!

Sorry for the rant but today with 3 more sacks at the front garage door left for me, the old fart, to deal with 'cause the street bin was overflowing just p!ssed me off.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Our city refuse guys still haven't come to empty the 2 dumpsters that I suspect is being used by others in the neighbourhood.
There is no way that much trash has accumulated from our apartment complex alone.

Don't even get me started on half empty water bottles sitting around.
One of my gal pals 19 and 23 year old sons seem to have a water bottle in hand at all times, then there are those sitting on her end tables, coffee table and kitchen.. it's maddening and it's not even my house! Lol
Same thing where I work.
Our company is kind enough to supply staff with free water, that is kept in the two staff room lounge refrigerators.
The young aides put them everywhere.
Handrails, the wall cubbies, linen closets... I've even found them perched atop the paper towel dispensers in the bathrooms.

Hurry weekend!
Yesterday was one for the history books.
One of my residents went totally bonkers and had to be sent to the geri-psyche hospital.
No family to contact at all.
How sad is that?
Yes, I shed a few tears over that one.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess we got lucky. My trash was picked up Christmas Eve. I made sure as much of the cardboard as possible was taken away. We have a lawn & leaf bag full of wrapping paper but the cans have plenty of space left for real trash.

As for what I’m doing today? Not really sure. Possibly meeting a couple other fencing coaches for coffee. Melen and the lovely Mrs_Bob are planning to hit some stores and use up some gift cards.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tomorrow is dump run day. Today was a relaxing day playing board games with the kids. I did go outside for a bit to swap out a battery in the plow truck and air up the tires.

We're under a severe weather alert for Sunday and Monday calling for 30-45 cms of snow which is why I don't want to be out in a blizzard trying to get it running.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
hi all, yesterday the wheel adapters for the mini truck showed up so I worked on the track installation today and put the driveline back on the Dodge. While under there I noticed the driveline to rear end angle doesn't look right. May have had something to do with the failure I will work on that. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 62

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent the day beating up Jeep dealers. I hope to close the deal tomorrow and get mother her shiny new Cherokee. They are sure running some end of year deals right now to meet quotas. I found a dealer that really needed to improve his quota as he is offering a good deal. Time will tell.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Brought the snowblower to the other house. Did a dump run. Split a pile of wood I had outside the garage before it gets buried in snow. Finally covered the atvs with a tarp and removed the batteries. Covered the side by side. All I can do now is wait to clear snow for the next couple days. It's supposed to start tomorrow morning and continue snowing until Tuesday am.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Started fabricating the brackets to attach the rotation limiter to the A -arms on the mini truck. Lift kit showed up around noon so I switched gears and started on the lift installation. Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.