• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are these trailers worth anything?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My Dad just sent me an e-mail:

"A neighbor has a few luggage carts from the airport. The ones they use to take the luggage to the airplane. They hold about a cord of wood. Are you interested in any? If so, how much would you give for one? He has not set a price yet."

Sounds like one of these

Any idea what these may be worth? I inquired to which model as well as condition.

Thoughts?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
bczoom said:
If so, how much would you give for one? He has not set a price yet."

Sounds like one of these

Any idea what these may be worth? I inquired to which model as well as condition.

Thoughts?

I always hate it when a guy says how much will you give me for it. You might offer him more than what he was asking for in the first place and then your stuck.

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Me too.

I already have about 6 trailers for around the house so I don't really "need" it but if the price is right I may be interested.

I figure the neighbor got a good deal on them and is just "probing" to see what he might be able to get. I'll let him sit on them for awhile until he comes up with a price. I'm probably heading up there this weekend so I can see what they're like.

I just don't know if they're worth $200 or $2,000 in good condition.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I actually have a hospital gurney in my barn and it works well for all sorts of things. No, really, it does. It is made of all stainless steel and seems to be able to hold about 1000 pounds (you never know what kind of lard ass they may have to wheel around in a hospital and, you know everyone wants to sue). Anyway, I put heavy tool boxes on it, I used it to hold the transmission for my dually when I replaced it, I've laid down on it and rolled under my '62 to clean the bottom of the car etc. It has hydraulic lifts on either end or it can raise equally up and down. Heck, I even got the pads with it and it is reasonably comfortable. I'm sure that the hospital likely paid several thousand dollars for it. I ended up getting it at a hospital auction for $50. With the prices of stainless now, it's worth 4 times that amount in scrap alone!

Based on that, I wouldn't be afraid to offer $100.00 for one of those trailers just to test the waters. Since you don't really need it, what would you have to lose? I wouldn't need one either, but for $100, I could find a use for one. :thumb:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I'd start the bidding at 1/2 of what you're willing to pay ($50?).

That's how I handle a "watta ya gimme fer it" deal.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dargo said:
I actually have a hospital gurney in my barn and it works well for all sorts of things. No, really, it does. It is made of all stainless steel and seems to be able to hold about 1000 pounds (you never know what kind of lard ass they may have to wheel around in a hospital and, you know everyone wants to sue). Anyway, I put heavy tool boxes on it, I used it to hold the transmission for my dually when I replaced it, I've laid down on it and rolled under my '62 to clean the bottom of the car etc. :thumb:
Dargo, that is not a barn your talking about. That is the nut house, psych ward, mental hospital. Remember you were delivered there a while back in an ambulance and a white jacket:pat: The heavy tool boxes and transmissions are only dreams you have on a daily basis.:yum: And you don't own a 62 car :pat: That gurney is your bed

Now I feel better, murph:hide: