• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vietnam Is Still Two Countries and Who's The Gov. Of Alabama?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOyAZ6NkgA"]YouTube- Sheila Jackson Lee's North and South Vietnam? WTF? Are All Democrats Geographically Challenged?[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qQ3wRVZZGw"]YouTube- BIG SIS: 'We were here for Alabama all along'; Get governor's name wrong[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a tad short on smarts! Must go with getting in front of a camera.:yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know what's sad, most democratic politicians spend their life in academia!

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
Sheila is just a perfect example of politics in this country. When I lived in Houston it was a known fact that she lived one block from her office. The only way she would go to work was to be driven in a limo. Ah, the priviliged class which owns us peons!!! Have a goodun!!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did Napolitano say Governor Barbour of Alabama?

I thought he was the Governor or Mississippi!?! Am I wrong or did I miss something?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Pure genius. And these are the people 23% of the people in this country have a lot of confidence in to make good decisions for the American people. Thank God for the other 77% who can see through the smoke & mirrors.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Last edited:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Andy, I think a lot of the people who voted in the incumbents have been disenfranchised, but a lot of them are also suckers for a good dog & pony show, and will vote for the same thieves as long as some good smoke is blown up their backside. Sadly, the incumbents will not run on their records, so we will see some ugly, ugly mudslinging from the incumbents instead of any substance. I wonder how many democrats are having town hall meetings while on summer recess? Probably not many, but I'll Google it to see if there's anything out there about them.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I think that it will be a fascinating election, if the public sentiment holds. The most significant thing that is in the Wikipedia article that I linked to is that once you are "in" you have considerably more money to spend on reelection.

I cannot attribute that to other than special interests not wanting to break in a "New Person on the block". Also interesting is that a constitutional ammendment was proposed. The material quoted below from the above link is interesting and would go a long way to improving things, in my opinion.

Wikipedia said:
Congressional Term Limits
Further information: Contract with America
Applying term limits to Congressmen was proposed in the "Citizen Legislature Act" (H.J.Res.73) during the 104th Congress as an amendment to the Constitution that would limit Congressmen to 6 two-year terms. This act was defeated in the House by a 227-204 margin (the 227 votes in favor were insufficient, as a proposed Constitutional amendment requires a two-thirds majority of 290 votes to be passed). Since the failure of the Citizen Legislature Act to be passed, there has been no new legislation proposed advocating the imposing of term limits.
The introduction of term limits on members of Congress would prevent the electoral advantage in the long run; however, it is not certain how well it would have aided in reducing electoral advantage in House races involving an incumbent who was still eligible to run for re-election. [45]
Term limits in the United States are not unheard of; several states have amended their own constitutions to limit terms on elected statewide officials as high as the Governor's office (most notably the Commonwealth of Virginia, which limits its governors to one four-year term). However, on a federal level only the Office of the Presidency has term limits imposed on it (by the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution).Congressional Term Limits
Further information: Contract with America
Applying term limits to Congressmen was proposed in the "Citizen Legislature Act" (H.J.Res.73) during the 104th Congress as an amendment to the Constitution that would limit Congressmen to 6 two-year terms. This act was defeated in the House by a 227-204 margin (the 227 votes in favor were insufficient, as a proposed Constitutional amendment requires a two-thirds majority of 290 votes to be passed). Since the failure of the Citizen Legislature Act to be passed, there has been no new legislation proposed advocating the imposing of term limits.
The introduction of term limits on members of Congress would prevent the electoral advantage in the long run; however, it is not certain how well it would have aided in reducing electoral advantage in House races involving an incumbent who was still eligible to run for re-election. [45]
Term limits in the United States are not unheard of; several states have amended their own constitutions to limit terms on elected statewide officials as high as the Governor's office (most notably the Commonwealth of Virginia, which limits its governors to one four-year term). However, on a federal level only the Office of the Presidency has term limits imposed on it (by the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution).

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's my contribution to this thread; hopefully it hasn't been posted a dozen times already:

When someone from the party of The Jackass makes any public utterance proving that their IQ is under 50 or they stopped learning after the 3rd Grade, their party affiliation be Officially changed to Dumbocrat. These three boobs are perfect examples of Dumbocrats in action.

D

darroll

Some areas just vote for a member of their own race.
Then if we question their choice, they call us a racist.