• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FOR DARGO!!! Amphibious Thiokol Spryte, Lafayette, IN

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw this Amphibious Thiokol Spryte on Ebay and thought that Dargo needed to buy it.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A THIOKOL SPRYTE SNOCAT MODEL 1301 SERIAL NUMBER 043. I AM NOT SURE WHAT YEAR IT IS. THE UNIT HAS A NEW JASPER STRAIGHT SIX FORD ENGINE. IT IS A 4 SPEED TRANS WITH REVERSE. I WAS TOLD WHEN I PURCHASED THE UNIT THAT IT WAS AMPHIBIOUS,(FLOATS IN WATER) HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THAT. YOU WOULD NEED TO CHECK WITH THE MANUFACTURE. IT RUNS AND OPERATES GOOD. IT DOES HAVE ONE MASTER CYLINDER FOR THE STEERING THAT DOES LEAK FLUID, AND NEEDS TO BE FILLED AND BLED PERIODICALLY. THE MACHINE COULD USE A PAINT JOB, AND INTERIOR WORK. ALSO THE FLOOR IN THE REAR SECTION NEEDS NEW PLYWOOD AND CARPET. IT HAS TWO SIDE WINDOWS IN THE DOOR THAT HAVE CRACKS IN THEM. OVERALL IT IS A GOOD RUNNER. THE TRACKS ARE 26 INCHES WIDE. IT WEIGHS 3100LBS. MACHINES WIDTH IS 78 INCHES. IT HAS WINDOW WIPERS, HEATER AND BILDGE PUMP. HOUR METER READS 386 HOURS. HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE IF IT WORKS. IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL ME AT 1-765-426-6704 I AM LOCATED IN WEST LAFAYETTE IN 47906
I ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE AUCTION EARLY, BECAUSE I HAVE IT FOR SALE IN MY LOCAL PAPER.
IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP ONLY NO SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE

Attachments

• 1b_1.JPG
    1b_1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 06_1.JPG
    06_1.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 427
  • 97_1.JPG
    97_1.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 427

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo, your new Jeep can tow this up to your big property! :tiphat:

Attachments

• 35_1.JPG
    35_1.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 428
  • d2_1.JPG
    d2_1.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 425
  • b5_1.JPG
    b5_1.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 427

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow! $697 is the current top bid. It must need work but it would be a cool project.

Is that a beer keg in the back?

Dargo, I'll buy it if you can store it for me. ;)

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Is that a beer keg in the back?

Dargo, I'll buy it if you can store it for me. ;)

Looks like a Keg to me . . . and by the way, Dargo is looking at installing a car lift in his barn so it seems to me he will have the storage space he needs! :thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I like this:

"HOUR METER READS 386 HOURS. HOWEVER I AM NOT SURE IF IT WORKS. "

... which means it doesn't.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Looks like a Keg to me . . . and by the way, Dargo is looking at installing a car lift in his barn so it seems to me he will have the storage space he needs! :thumb:

Actually, I figure that Dargo is a Type-A type person and if I can convince him to store a dirty old thiokol on his property that eventually he will clean it up and make it look all pretty. I suspect he doesn't tolerate a lot of junk on his estate. :whistle:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Wow! $697 is the current top bid. It must need work but it would be a cool project.
Is that a beer keg in the back? ;)

Beer keg converted to fuel tank would be my guess. The deposit on a beer keg is much cheaper than actually buying a real fuel tank. Redneck fuel tank!!!! The aluminum does not rust. Pretty easy to set it up as a fuel tank.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Dargo, your new Jeep can tow this up to your big property! :tiphat:

Bob, what's your cell phone number? My wife wants it after I told her that you forced me to buy that Jeep. Someone asked me yesterday what I'm going to do with it; I have no idea! :eek:

Jerk!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
Beer keg converted to fuel tank would be my guess. The deposit on a beer keg is much cheaper than actually buying a real fuel tank. Redneck fuel tank!!!! The aluminum does not rust. Pretty easy to set it up as a fuel tank.

Hmmm . . . I guess I'd need to mount a second beer keg for fueling this redneck then! :1062:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Talked to the owner today and he doesnt know for sure if it is amphibious. That would be a pretty neat machine if it was. He did say it was missing a plate in the rear so for sure that would need to be replaced if it was amphibious. I do not recall any amphibious Thiokols. Does anyone else?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Talked to the owner today and he doesnt know for sure if it is amphibious. That would be a pretty neat machine if it was. He did say it was missing a plate in the rear so for sure that would need to be replaced if it was amphibious. I do not recall any amphibious Thiokols. Does anyone else?

Did you figure out what his reserve price is? I'm just curious. I can't buy it 'cause my wife would kill me. Unless it can drag a brush hog and I can mount a Front End Loader on it.

Then I can sell my tractor and get it instead. :D

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Unless it can drag a brush hog and I can mount a Front End Loader on it.

Both Mith & Dargo are master fabricators here on the Forums, MadReferee is our master at hydraulics. Between the 3 of them, I'm sure they could fix you up with the bush hog/FEL combo. Any other requests? Want a coffee maker in the cab too?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Both Mith & Dargo are master fabricators here on the Forums, MadReferee is our master at hydraulics. Between the 3 of them, I'm sure they could fix you up with the bush hog/FEL combo. Any other requests? Want a coffee maker in the cab too?

Oh that would be perfect. Cold Beer and Hot Coffee. What else does a man need? (Oh yeah - the two hotties from your picture in that other thread might be good too :whistle: )

Bob - you are a man after my own heart.:thumb:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Related? No. And they are not friends of my wife or my daughter either! HA!!!

Lafayette is roughly 90 minutes drive (longer if you follow the speed limit), due south.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes she knows. Yes, I really do have groupies!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Hey Bob how far is Lafayette from you?

SORRY DARGO, you can tell Mrs Dargo that this was just purchased by Snowcat Operations!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yah I wanted something to go fishing with. :D Also this should be a fun summer vehicle on the trails and the lake.:beer: :1062: :coolshade Party on the lake! Hell it even has the Keg ready to go.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Them doors seem awfully small for a large framed body like I have? :whistle: It just seems like it would be a pain in the awss to get in and out.

murph