• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shop at "Black Owned" stores only...

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Shop at black owned business only!

Can you imagine if anyone started a group saying to shop only at white owned businesses?! This racist crap is really getting out of hand. I'm quite offended by some of the racism being demonstrated by black people particularly in the last 6 months. I can't count how many times I saw a black on TV stating that of course they were going to vote for Obama because he is black. These people seemed proud to state that they were voting for Obama only because of the color of his skin! Could you imagine if a white president had a racist white comic at a function and yuk it up when racist comments were made?!

Rather than easing racial tensions and pushing racism away it sure seems to me that there are a huge contengient of black people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Ferrakahn etc. making progress in creating a whole new generation of racist people. Barak Obama's own personal preacher, the despicable Rev. Wright, spewed racism to Obama and all who attended Obama's church for at least 20 years. If Rev. Wright were caucasion and talked the way he does about black people as he does white people, he'd be locked away and quickly dismissed as nothing but a radical racist. Instead, Obama only distanced himself from Wright when it became obvious that it was going to damage his assention to his throne.

Why is it that only a white person can be a racist?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As much as I feel I am not a racist, and as many minorities who I've hired and promoted into various levels of managemet, I can't help but see a huge double standard of racist activity in the black population over the past 6+ months and they have been assisted by the media and a complicit Democratic party.

VeraBlue

Why is it that only a white person can be a racist?

That's a false assumption. Anyone can be a racist if they set out and work at it.

I get your frustration, but you're not helping a situation that dates back a couple of thousand years.

At some point in time, people simply have to stop qualifying other people when talking, writing. In the movie "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" the character played by Sidney Poitier is arguing with his father about the current state of affairs regarding race relations. Mr. Poitier's argument is summed up most eloquently when he says " Dad, you see yourself as a black man, I see myself as a man".

It's time to cease with the descriptions and qualifiers....the colour of a man's skin, who or what he worships, how he loves, geographically where he lives does not make the man. It's what's in his heart and on his lips. That's what defines the man.

Until everyone can get past the adjectives, everyone is guilty.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What I don't understand is why this is not simply called a boycott of white/asian/hispanic/etc owned stores? To blatantly support 1 race to the exclusion of the others is racist. if there is a moral logic for not supporting 1 specific business or product due to religious or orther ethical/principled belief is something that I can understand - even if I don't agree. But a racial exclusion is not justifiable.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a false assumption. Anyone can be a racist if they set out and work at it.

I get your frustration, but you're not helping a situation that dates back a couple of thousand years.

At some point in time, people simply have to stop qualifying other people when talking, writing. In the movie "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" the character played by Sidney Poitier is arguing with his father about the current state of affairs regarding race relations. Mr. Poitier's argument is summed up most eloquently when he says " Dad, you see yourself as a black man, I see myself as a man".

It's time to cease with the descriptions and qualifiers....the colour of a man's skin, who or what he worships, how he loves, geographically where he lives does not make the man. It's what's in his heart and on his lips. That's what defines the man.

Until everyone can get past the adjectives, everyone is guilty.

Wait a minute, you said that what I said was a false assumption yet your own post proves that whether you admit it or not, you view the people only wanting to buy from black owners as racists. They do NOT view people as just another man or another woman. They make it their priority to ascertain the color of the person's skin before they will do business with them. If that is not blatant racism, what is?!

Whatever happened to MLK's 'dream' of judging a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. The black people I mentioned and the people in the article I quoted do just the opposite of that yet the liberal, democrat, portion of America fails to see why they are racists and continue to accuse other people of being racists. To be completely honest, I see far more black people who are racists than people of any other race.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
People just can't see how much O is NOT a leader.

A leader would not have laughed at an off color joke. A leader would have silenced it right then and there.

A leader would not get an entire nation worked up something as silly as swine flu.

A leader would not make promises and then immediately break them.

A leader leads by example. What a terrible example.

benspawpaw

i gotta kinda go with vera and say we should be able to see each other as men not as what ever color or race we are. but some groups make that hard to do. the blacks want black only everything, but let us start a white something and shit hits the fan. you cant even call something whites ----- if white is your last name. they say you are racist. i say do what your heart tells you, and trust no body of another race.:hammer:

VeraBlue

Wait a minute, you said that what I said was a false assumption yet your own post proves that whether you admit it or not, you view the people only wanting to buy from black owners as racists. They do NOT view people as just another man or another woman. They make it their priority to ascertain the color of the person's skin before they will do business with them. If that is not blatant racism, what is?!

Whatever happened to MLK's 'dream' of judging a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. The black people I mentioned and the people in the article I quoted do just the opposite of that yet the liberal, democrat, portion of America fails to see why they are racists and continue to accuse other people of being racists. To be completely honest, I see far more black people who are racists than people of any other race.

I cannot account for what you see where you live. The statement I quoted from you was 'why can only white people be considered racist'. My response is clear enough. Anyone can be a racist, and it stems from the continuing insistance to qualify people by race, religion, sexual origin, etc. Try to spend one day not using qualifiers...it's not easy but it's the first step.

VeraBlue

People just can't see how much O is NOT a leader.

A leader would not have laughed at an off color joke. A leader would have silenced it right then and there.

A leader would not get an entire nation worked up something as silly as swine flu.

A leader would not make promises and then immediately break them.

A leader leads by example. What a terrible example.

Something as silly as swine flu????? It's a lethal virus that spreads like wildfire....and children are the most vulnerable.

Bamby

Don't know about anyone else here but personally I'd like to be able to find and buy more American made products. And I could really care less about race, or skin color and judge on quality, value, cleanliness, and price.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It appears this type of action is okay as long as you are the minority. It is racism. No way around that. But isn't the Black entertainment channel racist? How about Ebony Magazine? The majority (whites) cannot do the same, because presumably all other channels and magazines are predominantly white. Affirmative Action is racist, or at the very least reverse discrimination. It does appear only whites can be racist while the minorities can do all the things listed above and be seen as supporting their race. :confused:

Kei

It appears this type of action is okay as long as you are the minority. It is racism. No way around that. But isn't the Black entertainment channel racist? How about Ebony Magazine? The majority (whites) cannot do the same, because presumably all other channels and magazines are predominantly white. Affirmative Action is racist, or at the very least reverse discrimination. It does appear only whites can be racist while the minorities can do all the things listed above and be seen as supporting their race. :confused:
I've noticed this about the US. There is talk and talk about not being racist and being equal yet you have affirmative action, black entertainment channels, hispanic channels and yes asian channels. Which asian depends on the region. I never see a caucasian channel, or caucasian heritage parade or festivals. Why? Is their a white caucus in the congress?
I have to say the US is an extremely racist nation and it's not towards minorities. I even live in a US state that has a bad reputation for racism but the racism I experience is not from caucasians. I don't understand it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Let's not forget black history month!!

As long as those of the African American community want to keep themselves isolated (and they DO) yet demand equality (Zzzzzzz that's going to be hard to play out now with a "black president").. then this kind of thing is never going to go away.

Their dream came true- what was thought as impossible 30+ years ago has happened, however-- I think what is seen as reverse racism is just going to get worse.. only now it's taking on a whole different shape, and dare I say... colour?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I honestly had my own "dream" that racism would fade with a half black (most seem to forget that he is truly only half black) president. Unfortunately, this event seems to only have fanned the flames of racism...from the (as of now) minority side!

I can honestly say that I've absolutely never ever asked if the business proprietor was white before I'd buy from their establishment. Even typing that statement seems extremely foolish. Who would ever do that?! It really is disheartening to me that the majority of blacks polled support this effort by the people I linked to in their effort to be racists and only buy from black owned stores and businesses. Take that along with the fact that the majority of black voters proudly stated that they voted for Obama because he is black and, I'm sorry, I'd have to think that MLK is rolling over in his grave. Black people are most certainly judging people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character. I fail to see how these things are anything but media endorsed and unabashed racism that is only going to cause renewed racism in return.

VeraBlue

I've noticed this about the US. There is talk and talk about not being racist and being equal yet you have affirmative action, black entertainment channels, hispanic channels and yes asian channels. Which asian depends on the region. I never see a caucasian channel, or caucasian heritage parade or festivals. Why? Is their a white caucus in the congress?
I have to say the US is an extremely racist nation and it's not towards minorities. I even live in a US state that has a bad reputation for racism but the racism I experience is not from caucasians. I don't understand it.

Up until about 40 years ago (yes, as recent as 40) you had whites only bathrooms, whites only water fountains, whites only restaurants, whites only theatres, etc etc etc... Pick up a copy of Woman's Day from the 50s...you won't see any women representing any minority. Most movies that were made before the 70s portray minorities as buffoons, servants or criminals. Oh yeah...whites only baseball teams...don't forget those.

I'm not pleased with Ebony magazine, or even Black History month, for that matter...but it's an attempt to level the playing field. The reason the rest of the world seems less racist to you is because they are less racist. Those countries didn't still have slaves as recently as the mid 1800s. The fall of the Roman Empire was pretty much the end of slavery for the rest of the world... More or less, the equality mentality of this nation still has about 1500 years of growing to do. As long as some living american can easily trace back the family roots to some plantation and slavery the rest of the nation has to keep an open mind. While it may get tiresome after a while, after all I didn't own slaves, and no one alive was a slave...in the grand scheme of things, it just happened yesterday.

It's always going to be a problem; at least until everyone learns to accept differences, appreciate change, and offer understanding instead of suspicion to people who are/look/believe/live/love different than you do.

VeraBlue

I honestly had my own "dream" that racism would fade with a half black (most seem to forget that he is truly only half black) president. Unfortunately, this event seems to only have fanned the flames of racism...from the (as of now) minority side!

I can honestly say that I've absolutely never ever asked if the business proprietor was white before I'd buy from their establishment. Even typing that statement seems extremely foolish. Who would ever do that?! It really is disheartening to me that the majority of blacks polled support this effort by the people I linked to in their effort to be racists and only buy from black owned stores and businesses. Take that along with the fact that the majority of black voters proudly stated that they voted for Obama because he is black and, I'm sorry, I'd have to think that MLK is rolling over in his grave. Black people are most certainly judging people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character. I fail to see how these things are anything but media endorsed and unabashed racism that is only going to cause renewed racism in return.

Where is that poll that you refer to??
Black people are still a minority in this country....white people are still the majority. Yet, Barack Obama is the president. The math is simple and clearly evident. Even if every single registered black voter voted for Barack Obama, it wouldn't be enough votes to win an election. White people, hispanic people, asian people....all voted for Barack Obama.

You are never going to move towards anything just and good as long as you live with generalizations. It's not fair to argue that all black people do this that or the other thing... And yes, there are lots of angry black people not willing to let it go...but, when was the last time you heard about a white guy getting lynched in the south??

From what I read, it's pretty clear how most of you think about minorities and Barack Obama. Martin Luther King was an impassioned man with dreams and hopes and visions of a better nation. It wasn't just the racists that were (are still) hurting the nation...it's the "silence and indifference of the good people" that are equally culpable. I am not silent nor indifferent. It's time to stop pointing fingers, people. Look down at your own hand the next time you point at someone....there are three fingers pointing right back at you.:neutral:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
More or less, the equality mentality of this nation still has about 1500 years of growing to do. As long as some living american can easily trace back the family roots to some plantation and slavery the rest of the nation has to keep an open mind. While it may get tiresome after a while, after all I didn't own slaves, and no one alive was a slave...in the grand scheme of things, it just happened yesterday.

It's always going to be a problem; at least until everyone learns to accept differences, appreciate change, and offer understanding instead of suspicion to people who are/look/believe/live/love different than you do.

You want to talk about broad generalizations and not being realistic, look at what you type! It is completely and totally irrational to expect or even accept any person to be punished for what people did generations ago. Based on your generalizations and disjointed logic we should nuke Germany because of what Hitler and some Germans did in the not so distant past. Give me a break! Your logic is flawed to the point that it is no longer logic. It is nothing but a unfounded guilt ridden attempt to justify reverse descrimination and racism from certain races.

I don't care what you say or how you try to justify it, it is never logical or acceptable to punish one person for what someone else did. Based on what you are spewing I assume you'd think it logical if I came and had you arrested and imprisoned because your great, great grandfather stole my great, great grandfather's horse. If all people believed what you espouse, racism will never end and only grow. You need to live in the now, live today, stop living on what you think may or may not have happened generations ago. Living in the past will assure no change for the future. Get over it. I never had any slaves. My father never had any slaves. My grandfather never had any slaves. I was raised by these same people to treat each and every other human being the way I would like to be treated. I'll be damned if I'm going to even remotely take the blame for something that happened generations ago that my family wasn't even a part of! I don't know how I could possibly make it more clear for you.

I'm like most people and I generally treat people the way they treat me. If you treat me rudly and crap all over me don't expect me to say "Oh, what a poor soul. Maybe some distant relative of mine ten generations ago may have said something rude to someone in their family. I think they should be prejudiced against me solely based on the color of my skin. I think it's only fair that they try to put my store out of business because my skin color isn't the same as theirs. Gee, since my skin color isn't acceptable to them I suppose I ought to just give them my house and car as well. How rude of me to not think of this before. I'll immediately move my family out and live in the streets. Maybe after everybody who looks like me is dead they'll be happy."

Sorry, not gonna happen in this lifetime by me nor anyone who has a brain. If you feel the need to call me a racist because I'm not going to say or do that, that's your problem, not mine. Get real!

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Probably shouldn't stick my nose into this conversation but here goes.
With exceptions made and expected for any group, minority or not, there will never be a level playing field. Different races and ethnicities are part of the human experience. If the goal is for all to be treated equal, then let's do that. ALL equal. From my perspective it appears that the vast majority of Americans want equality but it does get to be a tedious task when minority groups keep insisting that their treatment must be better than others and continue to demand special treatment. It's just a double standard...

VeraBlue

You want to talk about broad generalizations and not being realistic, look at what you type! It is completely and totally irrational to expect or even accept any person to be punished for what people did generations ago. Based on your generalizations and disjointed logic we should nuke Germany because of what Hitler and some Germans did in the not so distant past. Give me a break! Your logic is flawed to the point that it is no longer logic. It is nothing but a unfounded guilt ridden attempt to justify reverse descrimination and racism from certain races.

I don't care what you say or how you try to justify it, it is never logical or acceptable to punish one person for what someone else did. Based on what you are spewing I assume you'd think it logical if I came and had you arrested and imprisoned because your great, great grandfather stole my great, great grandfather's horse. If all people believed what you espouse, racism will never end and only grow. You need to live in the now, live today, stop living on what you think may or may not have happened generations ago. Living in the past will assure no change for the future. Get over it. I never had any slaves. My father never had any slaves. My grandfather never had any slaves. I was raised by these same people to treat each and every other human being the way I would like to be treated. I'll be damned if I'm going to even remotely take the blame for something that happened generations ago that my family wasn't even a part of! I don't know how I could possibly make it more clear for you.

I'm like most people and I generally treat people the way they treat me. If you treat me rudly and crap all over me don't expect me to say "Oh, what a poor soul. Maybe some distant relative of mine ten generations ago may have said something rude to someone in their family. I think they should be prejudiced against me solely based on the color of my skin. I think it's only fair that they try to put my store out of business because my skin color isn't the same as theirs. Gee, since my skin color isn't acceptable to them I suppose I ought to just give them my house and car as well. How rude of me to not think of this before. I'll immediately move my family out and live in the streets. Maybe after everybody who looks like me is dead they'll be happy."

Sorry, not gonna happen in this lifetime by me nor anyone who has a brain. If you feel the need to call me a racist because I'm not going to say or do that, that's your problem, not mine. Get real!

Wow....I'd thank you for putting all those words in my mouth, but I find them rather distasteful...so, no thanks.

VeraBlue

Probably shouldn't stick my nose into this conversation but here goes.
With exceptions made and expected for any group, minority or not, there will never be a level playing field. Different races and ethnicities are part of the human experience. If the goal is for all to be treated equal, then let's do that. ALL equal. From my perspective it appears that the vast majority of Americans want equality but it does get to be a tedious task when minority groups keep insisting that their treatment must be better than others and continue to demand special treatment. It's just a double standard...

Your point is fair enough...but change has to start somewhere, yes?? Respect shouldn't have to be earned. Why would someone not respect another person?? Why assume the worst?? Why be on the defensive? Understanding comes from truth. From what I've read here, it appears many have made up their minds. Continued dialogue appears to be an effort in futility; especially in light of the fact that words I write are twisted and turned to suit another's agenda.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
The fall of the Roman Empire was pretty much the end of slavery for the rest of the world... More or less, the equality mentality of this nation still has about 1500 years of growing to do.

While I agree with a lot in your posts, this comment is just simply wrong. European countries heavily relied on slavery during the colonization era from the times of Columbus into the nineteenth century.

Still, I agree, truth and understanding are more helpful than generalizations. In defense of Dargo, he just seemed to be taking offense to special treatment to the exclusion of others, based on race. Can't say I disagree with him. Reverse discrimination (aka affirmative action) might feel good to some, but in the big picture, it really just promotes more deep seeded prejudices.

Last edited:

Kei

Up until about 40 years ago (yes, as recent as 40) you had whites only bathrooms, whites only water fountains, whites only restaurants, whites only theatres, etc etc etc... Pick up a copy of Woman's Day from the 50s...you won't see any women representing any minority. Most movies that were made before the 70s portray minorities as buffoons, servants or criminals. Oh yeah...whites only baseball teams...don't forget those.
So what? That was the past and this is now. Racism is bad no matter what lame excuse you come up with to justify it.
I'm not pleased with Ebony magazine, or even Black History month, for that matter...but it's an attempt to level the playing field. The reason the rest of the world seems less racist to you is because they are less racist. Those countries didn't still have slaves as recently as the mid 1800s. The fall of the Roman Empire was pretty much the end of slavery for the rest of the world... More or less, the equality mentality of this nation still has about 1500 years of growing to do. As long as some living american can easily trace back the family roots to some plantation and slavery the rest of the nation has to keep an open mind. While it may get tiresome after a while, after all I didn't own slaves, and no one alive was a slave...in the grand scheme of things, it just happened yesterday.

End of slavery? What planet do you live on? Slavery still exists TODAY and it's in more places than you realize.

VeraBlue

I guess I get it now..

It's a debate and I have attempted to temper my posts by sticking to the topic and arguing my points without vitriol.

On the other hand, I've had words spoken for me, my thoughts referred to as lame, and accused of living on another planet for my views.

How sad, indeed...but it speaks more to others character than mine.

Kei

I guess I get it now..

It's a debate and I have attempted to temper my posts by sticking to the topic and arguing my points without vitriol.

On the other hand, I've had words spoken for me, my thoughts referred to as lame, and accused of living on another planet for my views.

How sad, indeed...but it speaks more to others character than mine.
Here is an idea, read your own posts again before pretending to be a victim. lol

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow....I'd thank you for putting all those words in my mouth, but I find them rather distasteful...so, no thanks.

I put this thread in the debate area for a reason. It's boring if everyone agrees. However, I stick to what I said about your logic being extremely flawed and your position leads to nothing but fueled racism. As I mentioned earlier, it's good that most people strongly disagree with you or Germans would be slaughtered because of what Hitler did. I could go on and list dozens of other people who committed extremely vile and evil things but see no reason. The point is made; it's simply not a logical or sane act to blame people now for crimes, or injustices, perpetrated by others generations ago.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Something as silly as swine flu????? It's a lethal virus that spreads like wildfire....and children are the most vulnerable.

Swine flu has sickened how many, and killed how many. The regular old everyday flu has killed an average of over 750 per week since the beginning of the year, this year.

The swine flu scare was silly.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Swine flu has sickened how many, and killed how many. The regular old everyday flu has killed an average of over 750 per week since the beginning of the year, this year.

The swine flu scare was silly.

Am I the only one that remembers the Swine Flu "Scare" of the mid 70's?
Same B.S. - different year.