• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Over Two Thirds of TBS Advertisers Absent Week After Samantha Bee’s Ivanka ‘Cu*t’ Slu

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Over Two Thirds of TBS Advertisers Absent Week After Samantha Bee’s Ivanka ‘Cu*t’ Slur
by JEROME HUDSON 7 Jun 2018

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...advertisers-absent-from-samantha-bees-return/

More than a dozen sponsors for Samantha Bee’s late-night show Full Frontal did not run advertisements on Wednesday’s episode, a week after the TBS host called White House advisor Ivanka Trump a “feckless cunt.”

Unlike last week’s episode which saw ad spots from national brands like Taco Bell, Apple, Haagen Dazs, and Jim Beam, Wednesday’s Full Frontal featured promos in large part from other programs on TBS and TNT, Variety reports.

Sponsors State Farm and Autotrader suspended their advertisements on the weekly show last week.

An embattled Bee returned to her Turner cable network show on Wednesday to deliver an angry apology, that was long on one-liners and short on remorse for Ivanka Trump.

“You know, a lot of people were offended and angry that I used an epithet to describe the President’s daughter and advisor last week. It is a word I have used on the show many times, hoping to reclaim it, this time I used it as an insult. I crossed the line. I regret it and I do apologize for that,” Bee’s apology began.

“I want this show to be challenging and I want it to be honest,” Bee said before lamenting that the media made her slur against Trump the “I never intended it to hurt anyone, except Ted Cruz. Many men were also offended by my use of the word… I do not care about that. I hate that this distracted from more important issues.”

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cPAqgjqSDos"]A Message From Sam | June 6, 2018 Cold Open | Full Frontal on TBS - YouTube[/ame]
A
“I should have known that a potty-mouthed insult would be inherently more interesting to them than juvenile immigration policy,” Bee said of President Donald Trump’s immigration policy. “I would do anything to help those kids. I hate that this distracted from them and so to them I am also sorry.”

“I’m really sorry that I said that word. But, you know what? Civility is just nice words, may we should all worry little bit more about the niceness of our actions,” Bee concluded.

Follow Jerome Hudson on Twitter: @JeromeEHudson

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope TBS is forced to yank her. Anyone who uses words like that publicly show a very shallow level of intelligence and even less of class!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope TBS is forced to yank her. Anyone who uses words like that publicly show a very shallow level of intelligence and even less of class!!

I hope so too.

I’ve seen lists of advertisers posted and I’ve sent some emails but as far as I know there hasn’t been an organized push on the advertisers such as what happened to Laura Ingraham.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If the vulgar C word is a description of a horrible, despicable woman, then Samantha Bee IS just that.
I prefer to call her an idiotic silly cow.
:yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
She is Canadian of whom many are disrespectful to Americans. I have never understood why.:unsure:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
She is Canadian of whom many are disrespectful to Americans. I have never understood why.:unsure:

The Canadians think we are stupid for the trade deals that let them take advantage of us.

Hard to respect some one you are boldly taking advantage of.

I think the world will be the looser if we get tough and tariff them. The G6 nations economies combined are still smaller than ours by a factor of two. China has a 5 to 1 trade deficit with us. I do not see us loosing a trade war, as we are the 800 lb gorilla in the cage.

What we want we can get if we try. Trump is the first in 50 years to try. :smile:

Today as Trump spoke before leaving the G7 summit, he said the word "farmers" at least 10 times in 8 minutes. I have never seen a President who recognizes how our farmers are shut out of so many markets with our so called "trading partners"... Refreshing from my point of view to say the least. :thumbup:

The truth is we have the lowest over all tariff's of any of our trading partners. Now Trump is out to get them to stop tariffing our nation.

Regards, Kirk

rugerman

I think that the reason that our trading partners are raising so much hell is that they know that we have been soft on them in our trade deals, and they don’t want to lose their favorable position, and they know that President Trump is a hard nosed negotiator and business man who WILL work for the best deal possible, even if it means tariffs on certain goods or services.