• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pb pulling stuck jeep

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
a jeep went into a meadow and sunk .it is us forest and a sensitive area with many signs. I worked with the rangers and local tow company to get it out Wednesday. I think it is a wilderness area.
owner is getting a ticket and towing bill. I wished it was more.
one wheel was froze after getting it to turn .a piece of cake.
our club cabin in the distance . 3ft of snow and 22 degrees
DSC00282.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
good work, ( idiots like this, causes problems and issues for all that, use the public land in a responsible way, not sure a ticket is enough...) snow cat scout merit badge for you, wonderful you are getting some windshield time...

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
good work, ( idiots like this, causes problems and issues for all that, use the public land in a responsible way, not sure a ticket is enough...)

Totally agree! Hopefully a hefty ticket...

Just curious Jim, how did you handle any insurance aspects, such as if you had damaged the Jeep in the process of towing it?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Totally agree! Hopefully a hefty ticket...

Just curious Jim, how did you handle any insurance aspects, such as if you had damaged the Jeep in the process of towing it?

Before I would help anyone in this type of situation I have them sign off on a form I keep in my vehicles/cat to hold me harmless if any damages are done to them or their vehicle when rescued/towed. We had way to many people go past the road closed sign on the mountain where I lived year round. A wrecker will not go into a road closed and rescue people in my county. Now as long as they are not in the trail and safe they can stay until spring or summer. It is very hard on equipment and my patience dealing with stupid people who think 4 wheel drive will go anywhere. When you advise them to stop spinning/digging it down they just continue to make your job tougher by ignoring your advice. This happened to me and I tore up about 6 grousers because they keep trying to get out of an impossible stuck position before I got the snow cat back to them. :hammer:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i was asked to pull it out after the tow company failed. i called the tow company and said i was asked if i would do it but wasn't sure if i could and had no insurance . he said i'll hire you and your insured . the two guys with me one was the owner and other was a tow truck driver the other two on snowmobiles were us forest service.
when i spun the tracks and dug in deep i moved to a different spot so i wouldn't hit ground and damage the meadow.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I make it well known that if you want it done you are responsible. but I take my time to do things right so there are no hard feelings or broken equipment

KT3survivor

I've wondered if there are any snow tow businesses out there. i also wouldn't mind reading that waiver you have.

I remember watching a dude (idiot) bury his lifted F250 in the sand at lake powell. then a day later a small wrecker tried to side-pull him (another idiot) out of the sand only to break the guys 4-link front suspension. then he wised up, pulled the truck straight back and it came out with ease. always wondered how that played out money wise. atleast it was comical to watch while drinking in the 100º heat. :bonk: :bonk:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have seen pictures of a bombi fixed up for snow recovery on line.

I sold one of my trucks on tracks to a guy in old forge ny---he runs a snowmobile repair and recovery biz.----when he bought it I asked him if he could justify buying it---he told me its like aaa service-----here in upstate ny. we deal with out of towners and what we call yellow plates (nj.)he was saying they do nothing to help them self they just call---he has a call out fee---sends 2 guys-hourly charge and a service charge---he said he has pulled up got a sled unstuck and drives away with money------and about the ins. thing-----I hook and go ---sucks to be them----if they r that dumb like the guy with the jeep O WELL----what other choice do they have----leave it till spring----------and the guy in old forge was using a side by side that sucked

Attachments

• 483.jpg
    483.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 345

Red130

I've wondered if there are any snow tow businesses out there. i also wouldn't mind reading that waiver you have.

:

Me too, I could use some decent language for a waiver. More than once I've agreed to help someone but then it turns out to be significantly more difficult than anticipated. And quite often the so-called driver of the stuck vehicle is, uh, "less than skilled".

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a rep for doing things right its my way or I will pack up I have a verbal agreement that you put it here and you are responsible for the out come. if the owner doesn't like it I can jump in and turn around head home. I do go the extra step to do things right even if it cost's me extra time

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the replies on the towing waiver scenario. In our litigious society, and not having insurance coverage for towing, I find I'm reluctant to be a "good samaritan..." and then get burned for trying to help out.

undy

Too bad things like this can't be made useful where they are, sort of like sinking old ships to provide habitat for marine life. Maybe a home for endangered moose orphans or something...

Or else simply detonated where they sit, for entertainment value. Put it on TV. People would pay to watch it, I bet.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It must be all them darn BudNixon videos on Youtube, making all those Jeepers think they are invincible... :)