• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New sw48 Bombi owner

Craneman1957

Hellow out there. Looking for answers as to if i can swap my 3spd tranny out for an automatic trans and where and who could I talk with.machine is a1977. image.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to this forum, Craneman !

Nice looking machine. Not as beat as they often are.

I suspect that the auto trans is longer than the standard. Maybe it can be done, I Don't Know. Where are you located ??

rcc

I am currently working on converting one of my J5's from a 3 speed to a GM TH350 using the original 251 flathead (full rebuild). I hope to start putting it back together in the next month or so, once I rebuild the differential and fix up a few things on the tub. I think it is going to work real good. I also will be putting in a driveshaft brake same as my BR100+. What engine is in your SW48?

Craneman1957

hey pixie,located in roxbury ct.i am a newbie here so be gentle:)).discovered this am that the machine that was sold to me was actually a 69 not a 77 as was thought.it looks like there was a torque converter trans offered that wear along with a four speed.still investigating.