• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WA state Track party/snow cat jamboree 2014

Sno-Surfer

I'm going to try and make this in Jan. I missed it last year but I think my snow trac will do the trip. It would be great to meet some of you folks.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you can rest assured that one day I will make it. right now travel after Christmas is hard as I have contract obligations to keep up. also the family usually keeps me broke from Christmas. the funny thing is I starting getting flush with money again that tax time comes around.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
leavenworth has a fire on Eagle creek. Two home owners have been asked to leave.
berts place is at the end of eagle creek road.
jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure but it was close to six. Last years pictures should still be posted.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I called and the jamboree route is out of the fire area. It is located south of the eagle creek road.
jim

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lets don't forget about this jamboree. This year will we again will have a cat with a blade to help with those trees on the trail.
lots of entertainment in town and motel rooms and camping for your Rv. The date has been set and it isn't to early to start planning.
view from the top.
jamboree027treeshadow2.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
defiantly think I will be to busy but that's a good thing. just sewed up my first 20 hr trip and I'm looking at possibly a weekly 2 day run to support another winter operation out to bluff.

Tye one on

I don't know about you guys but the sight of snow in the high country is giving me the itch to get the cat out! As I said before the dates for the jamboree will be Jan 24-26 in Leavenworth WA. I have spoke with Der Ritterhoff about room rates and they will give 10% discount to anyone who says the are with the jamboree that weekend. We will meet early on the 25th at Crystals for some breakfast before we head out then the fun begins. We will head out to Bert's place, unload and collect everyone before we head out into Derby Canyon for the day. Those of us that attended last year had a great time and we would love to see more people with the common snow cat interest join us. I know Jim is working on a web page and I am working on a face book page for the event but word of mouth would be greatly appreciated for building awareness. If anyone is interested in helping with the event please don't be shy and PM me, help is always appreciated. Do your snow dance!!!!!

Tye one on

Not sure how many of you guys use Facebook but come like us at Snow cat jamboree 2014. If your attending we would love for you to post a picture of your cat here and on our Facebook page. Let me know if you have problems finding it, I made the page and I had a hard time finding it. We had 8 cats last year and would love to double that, let's get the word out!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
last year we had a few repairs that were made .one had a small welding job done on a spring holder and a snow trac needed a new belt. this is a meet that keeps you returning.
jim

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
last year we had a few repairs that were made .one had a small welding job done on a spring holder and a snow trac needed a new belt. this is a meet that keeps you returning.
jim

JIM ANY PHOTOS OF YOUR NEW SNOWCAT ? POST THEM UP:hammer:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep
Today I put the tracks on for the fist time after bringing it home .
I never drove it and only got a brief rundown on the controls and had to get the manual out and figure out how to run the sproket for pulling the tracks on.
I still don't understand the speed 0 to 8 control and a gas petal.Aren't they the same?
This will be at the jamboree.
DSC01345.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

Last edited:
Yep
I still don't understand the speed 0 to 8 control and a gas petal.Aren't they the same?

Is your machine a hydraulic drive? Many of the AG machines with hydro drive also can use two "throttles":

1) Open up the valves, and vary speed with the throttle sinsu stricto.
2) Set the throttle to full open, and vary your speed with the valves.

The first would be useful for using a front end loader, etc. While the second would be useful if your were using a PTO driven implement.

Since it is also a working machine, a snocat could have similar throttling. Full GPM to hydraulic throwers or other implements, with the ability to feather the drive valves into the pile.

Yep

Schweet!

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep
Today I put the tracks on for the fist time after bringing it home .
I never drove it and only got a brief rundown on the controls and had to get the manual out and figure out how to run the sproket for pulling the tracks on.
DSC01345.jpg

DSC01342.jpg
Jim it's my guess is the speed 0 to 8 is an inch control allowing high engine rpm to work hydraulics while controlling movement speed. some hydrostatic machines have variable control pumps that progressively flow more oil with rpm making the system feel like a belt drive atv with out an inch control you would fly while trying to use hydraulics. other hydro rigs use a hand throttle like a cat and you just run rpm up to governed cruise and push on the controls kind of like a marooka or Cushman trickster. if your machine has the variable pumps you will love it just throw it in gear and go it will drive like a cvt transmission

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I drove it about 200yds today. If you hold the gas petal at a rpm and turn the selector on the control your ground speed goes up or down. So that thumb number control must be a flow to the pump??
I was told to set it at 6 but up at 8 is hard on the pump.
i signed up for a 2 day class at pistenbully that is this month. I should get the nitti gritty then.
jim

brianf

on hydrostatic machines, we usally set throttle and use speed contol to control track speed, but this is while grooming way smoother ride than using throttle pedal, and maintaining constant pump pressure

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Clean imp for someone to scoop up before the Jamboree. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/4081067203.html

What I like about that one is the fellow took care of it. I saw it at the Jamboree last year he ran the hell out of it without worry of breaking down. Well maintained. Of course having a bunch of other cats around makes it a whole lot easier to play with out fear of the brake down. He took me for a ride in it nice runner. Best of all with this cat is its light weight easy to tow. You wont need a heavy trailer and huge truck to haul. Perfect cabin cat !:biggrin: it will sell. Hope the new buyer gets it to the Snowcat Jamboree:hammer:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the one here has new belts on the tracks they appeared to have put the tracks on backwards. it is a nice sized package just a might bit larger than a bombi. my only heart burn is how cramped the cab is, i'm big not fat and it doesn't look like I could spend 8 hours in that thing. it looks about as cramped as an older Toyota pickup. I never tried on the 2100. we will just have to see how cramped it is when it gets here. pics make it look like there is a lot of head room with a nice straight up seating position like a commercial truck.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
:wow::wow::wow: BUMP
Track party/snow cat jamboree will officially be Jan 25! I have confirmed with Bert and the Beverian Boondocker snomobile club that the date works for them. I will be contacting Der Ritterhof about accommodations and parking, and Crystals about pre catting breakfast. I will be updating here regularly and will use this site to get an idea of turn out this year so please speak up here so we can create a great event for everyone. This will have to be a joint effort to make it work this year so please speak up if your interested in contributing to the event or some part of the weekend. It may be a little early but THINK SNOW !!!!

Tye one on

Snow cat jamboree 2014 will be held in Leavenworth WA on Jan 24-26. Der Ritterhoff will be giving 10% off room rates and RV spots if you let them know your with the jamboree. We will have a meeting and breakfast at Kristalls restaurant next door on morning of the 24th, time to be announced. Once we are ready we will convoy out to Eagle Creek, unload at Bert's place and head out into Derby Canyon. Anyone with a snow cat is welcome to join us for the day, spread the word! If your just interested in looking at some really cool snow toys they will be displayed all day on the 24th in the Der Ritterhoff RV lot. See ya there!