• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Squak Mtn radio site

PJL

Last night we had a huge dump of snow. What we out here in the PNW call Cascade Concrete. About a foot of heavy wet snow. Which brings down trees, power lines and creates traffic mayhem. One of the radio sites back up generator refused to start and the site was running off UPS batteries.

We ran a some techs up the hill for a quick fix. No sideways pics this time. I used the Nikon.

Attachments

• _DSC0448.jpg
    _DSC0448.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 168
  • _DSC0449.jpg
    _DSC0449.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 165
  • _DSC0450.jpg
    _DSC0450.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

KT3survivor

any advice on how one could make contacts to line up this kind of contract work? I know people need the occasional snowcat ride wherever there is communication equipment in a remote place. this summer I helped remove some old analog TV transmitters off of the mesa and it honestly would have been easier to do it in the winter on a much smoother trail. the guys trailer got pretty beat up from the road in and out.

PJL

We went back up today to refuel and finish servicing the generator. Snow was still pretty deep but it's melting off fast. Power was restored last night so all is good.

KT3 Survivor I would suggest reaching out to tower maintenance companies. Radio site owners, ham radio operators etc. I work for the county that owns the site so no contract or insurance was needed. It was all in house. They will still use contract cats from time to time. We just happened to be available when they needed a ride. JimVT does radio site work so maybe drop him a PM and see how he got started.