• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kenny Schneider aka "short bus" (Lost another member)

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I am very sorry to inform the members that we have lost another very active snow cat enthusiast and forum member, Kenny Schneider aka "short bus". I was fortunate to meet him in Buffalo while he was running his Tucker snow cat in the Big Horn Mountains. He was a terrific guy who's life was full of enthusiasm and adventure.

Kenneth Lance Schneider, 52, and the love of his life, Janet Aiko Kawakami, 54, died on Saturday, September 20, 2014 when his 1968 Piper Cherokee Arrow crashed near the Saratoga airport.

http://www.newcomercasper.com/obituary/88708/Kenneth-L-Schneider/Casper-Wyoming

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Kenny Schneider aka "short bus"

Thanks for informing us of this tragic news.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Kenny Schneider aka "short bus"

Dang. Sorry to hear this.
Thanks for letting us know Bill.

undy

Sad news, and I'm sorry to hear of it.

Most folks just idle through life. Sounds as if Kenny grabbed it by the throat and enjoyed it. Maybe more dangerous, sure, but better to go down that way than to be 90 and dying of nothing, at least in my opinion.

We only get to live our life once, and the same is true of dying. For me, if I die in my ski boots, I will have won.

RIP Kenny & Janet.

Edit:
Here is another article about the crash. It does have a photo of the crashed plane, which I apologize for. But it also has two photos of Kenny and Janet having fun in their snowcats, and that's probably how they should be remembered here. At least that's how I'd want it.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_723b0813-c349-5e8b-9370-1f71cf1ad061.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You got that right undy. It is the life in your years not the years in your life. Be safe all but do live life.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Most folks just idle through life. Sounds as if Kenny grabbed it by the throat and enjoyed it. Maybe more dangerous, sure, but better to go down that way than to be 90 and dying of nothing, at least in my opinion.

Kenny did live a life of adventure and was a friend to many. He would want to be remembered as one who lived life to the fullest and enjoyed the big adventures along with the small ones in life. RIP Kenny and Janet.....until the next big adventure comes along.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The good times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 180

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think the man in the cat picture is ken . he is older.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
sorry to here about that, I can imagine if it were to happen to me .the last words I would here from my wife is, what I should be doing instead of I love you

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think the man in the cat picture is ken . he is older.
jim

There is a pic of him on his obit page bill posted. RIP Ken

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator: