• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is that what you think of us Preppers?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
All I'm sayin' is that, when you are trying to survive, this is about as useful as a pound of gold.
attachment.php

Please don't mix militia military mindset with survival. Even Minitemen had to keep their powder dry, their feet clean, and to eat.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
All I'm sayin' is that, when you are trying to survive, this is about as useful as a pound of gold.
attachment.php

Please don't mix militia military mindset with survival. Even Minitemen had to keep their powder dry, their feet clean, and to eat.

Kind of looks like this gun is starting a private army as how would he move that even without the safe. :yum:

Kane

I'm basically a hunker-in prepper, but also have the boat stowed well enough to bug out by sea.

Food, shiny coins, toilet paper and stainless steel arms.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I think I can answer as I know some people that got hit.

Basically, it was a fire hazard with the gas flowing but nothing else working. Pilot lights are out, structural damage which can break gas lines...

SShepherd

OK, I think I can answer as I know some people that got hit.

Basically, it was a fire hazard with the gas flowing but nothing else working. Pilot lights are out, structural damage which can break gas lines...
did they shut off all gas at the main hub ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess I just don't get it .:unsure: I do not hoard anything . I live in the middle of no where and could make it a long time with out having to store a bunch of shit I don't need . I can handle myself pretty damn well and see no need to worry about shit that may or may not come true . I grew up in the woods growing up and then spent about 3 years on a remote island in Panama . There is a lot of food out there , if you know where to look .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I just don't get it .:unsure: I do not hoard anything . I live in the middle of no where and could make it a long time with out having to store a bunch of shit I don't need . I can handle myself pretty damn well and see no need to worry about shit that may or may not come true . I grew up in the woods growing up and then spent about 3 years on a remote island in Panama . There is a lot of food out there , if you know where to look .

Those that have some land ,or an islande paradise, haven't the worry. But most of us live in the city or suburbia. Even remote from the city,anything east of the Missisiippiriver is pretty crowded ground and foraging isn't really an option.
Bottom line is when disaster happens,you need
1) shelter and warmth
2) food and medicines
3) a source of energy to provide some light and process the food.

I have 80 Ozark acres which could provide me with bare neccesities. But I don't live there. Assuming I could get there from St Louis, I would still need some of items one, two and three to get started on survival.

I think with a hammer, a gun, a case of beans, I could survive in the woods eating what I know is good, avoiding what I know is bad. But seems to me a little planning, one could live comfortable and not just scrape by.

However, in the urban areas,one will need TP, water and ammo, at a bare minimum.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter

i get ur point, al. hence my logical prepping, (2 rather than 1 when on sale, buying multi-taskable items rather than hoarding useless stuff). i have stuff i'd need 4 basic comfort, health, protecting myself & the kitties. h2o is a concern, tho. can't drink from the rivers here & need 5 gallons to flush the chitter. we need places to run to & essentials & not paranoia. like socks & a flashlite. soap. meds. & dammit, boots.
this is why, in another similar thread, i spoke of this being so comparable to the approach of the millenium. people spent thousands on dehydrated foods to feed thier families for months. why~ that food is now as useless as an umbrella during a drought.
yes, disasters occur. being a realist is my style. i'm prepped. not so overly prepped i have 200 containers of tang & 500 lbs. of litter squirreled away.
& the last paragraph in my last post sums it.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter

Though younger I could survive in the wild and did a few times eating stuff that would make most puke. Now with that said I'm not the same person I was in my 20's and 30's with the physical strength going in my mid 60's. I have a reasonable supply of food stored that will last from 5 to 25 years. This is 120 servings of various meals that keep up to 25 years which I have supplemented with the same in can goods, canned meats, dried beans, dried pasta, salt, pepper, sugar, instant coffee though most of that will last a year or two. So it gives me up to 240 days with 2 people before I have to start even thinking about having more foods. This is probably all I will need if it happens. Oh and it all could be put into a 5'x10' area.

Living in a city even as small as Lexington it would be hard to find game other than racoons, opossum, squirrels, geese parts of the year and cats to eat but none seem like ideal forms of protein but would do in a pinch. About the only protein in my area bigger than that would be horses which is acceptable really. So having a 240 day supply of food as well as wild game could be stretched out longer or 580 if I lose the mate. :whistling: Just joking about losing Dawn. :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Though younger I could survive in the wild and did a few times eating stuff that would make most puke. Now with that said I'm not the same person I was in my 20's and 30's with the physical strength going in my mid 60's. I have a reasonable supply of food stored that will last from 5 to 25 years. This is 120 servings of various meals that keep up to 25 years which I have supplemented with the same in can goods, canned meats, dried beans, dried pasta, salt, pepper, sugar, instant coffee though most of that will last a year or two. So it gives me up to 240 days with 2 people before I have to start even thinking about having more foods. This is probably all I will need if it happens. Oh and it all could be put into a 5'x10' area.

Living in a city even as small as Lexington it would be hard to find game other than racoons, opossum, squirrels, geese parts of the year and cats to eat but none seem like ideal forms of protein but would do in a pinch. About the only protein in my area bigger than that would be horses which is acceptable really. So having a 240 day supply of food as well as wild game could be stretched out longer or 580 if I lose the mate. :whistling: Just joking about losing Dawn. :yum:

possum is actually not so very bad at all. i know ppl that have resorted to bugs. goose- it's a goose. many dine on geese at holidays. the 1st animal i contributed to gutting was a squirrel as a kiddo.
no cats. sorry. i luv 'em.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Out of curiosity, how many "preppers" have been to a Broadway show recently?:w00t2:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
not me. if i wanna see a show i get over to the cultural district to see the same show for way cheaper. if i count. i'm a realistic sorta prepper. why~

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Out of curiosity, how many "preppers" have been to a Broadway show recently?:w00t2:

I think that he means that we preppers get so obsessed with the potential disasters of tomorrow that we forget to enjoy today. :biggrin:

JPR, Broadway is a long way from East Texas but I still go to productions in Tyler and still help out with our local amateur productions. I used to love the theater but opportunities here are a little limited and I don't feel like moving to NY just for that.

Nope, I enjoy today every day. :clap::clap:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I think that he means that we preppers get so obsessed with the potential disasters of tomorrow that we forget to enjoy today. :biggrin:

JPR, Broadway is a long way from East Texas but I still go to productions in Tyler and still help out with our local amateur productions. I used to love the theater but opportunities here are a little limited and I don't feel like moving to NY just for that.

Nope, I enjoy today every day. :clap::clap:

Good for you, Frank!:biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Most Preppers aren't bearded two dimenshional Survivalists in worn jeans, red underwear, and a flintlock. They are people of all walks of life, prepared not to have to rush to a store full of empty shelves because the cutesy weather girl predicted a snowstom.

We get to smell the flowers and live real lives. In fact, I believe preppers are closer to the ground, value and enjoy the real world much better than any city slickers ridng a limo to the theater.

Garmins_Dad

Most Preppers aren't bearded two dimenshional Survivalists in worn jeans, red underwear, and a flintlock. They are people of all walks of life, prepared not to have to rush to a store full of empty shelves because the cutesy weather girl predicted a snowstom.

We get to smell the flowers and live real lives. In fact, I believe preppers are closer to the ground, value and enjoy the real world much better than any city slickers ridng a limo to the theater.

:applause:

bang on..

Tweeker

Well it was bound to happen Again.
My antagonistic acquaintence whom I shall call Jack, short for Jack A**
stopped by today and started on a whole new line of character attack.
Now he thinks that because I am a Mason that I am part of the Illuminati and that we are trying to take over the world and form a New World Order. :yum:
Sometimes I wish it were true, he would be the first person to go. :glare:
Tweeker

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Folks like that are the whiners the mobs will overpower first if SHTF. They will run to those they piss about if they live that long and demand that we share with them. SORRY but my forethought does not include them.:hammer:

Garmins_Dad

Well it was bound to happen Again.
My antagonistic acquaintence whom I shall call Jack, short for Jack A**
stopped by today and started on a whole new line of character attack.
Now he thinks that because I am a Mason that I am part of the Illuminati and that we are trying to take over the world and form a New World Order. :yum:
Sometimes I wish it were true, he would be the first person to go. :glare:
Tweeker

If he is like this to ya.... WHY is he allowed to come back? or are ya screwing with him?? Could be fun as long as he knows where he stands with ya. :whistling:

Tweeker

His business is right next to mine, I try to maintain a neutral if not friendly atmosphere around my office, I have pretty thick skin, he is actually kind of funny
Tweeker