• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A open air Island Church

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I am finally going to build that Church in Panama on the island .For two years I been trying to get back to do it . My caretaker is also a Pastor for his people . They take turns having services on different Islands . It can be a long trip across stormy waters when the rains come .
I have decided to put a little open air church on the corner of the property for Juan to preach that the local Indians can call there own . It will hold about 60 people . It will have open sides to allow for the sea breezes and wide roof overhangs to keep the rain out . It will set on the edge of the water . I was thinking of something like this :

Attachments

• thCALWFSHM.jpg
    thCALWFSHM.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 51

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am glad to hear you are able to do this. I also appreciate that you plan on using local architectural style to accomplish this.

You obviously have respect and love for the people who live there.

Good luck with your endeavor.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok looks good.....:clap:Now all ya got to do is go do it!! What ya waiten for????? GET ER DONE!!!!:biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Why not a cathedral? They could name it St. Al's Grass Cathedral...the Panama version of the Crystal Cathedral

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen, despite you mental deficiencies for owning a Kristi, you obviously have a major steak of generocity running through your blood. Its an awesome thing that you are doing, I'm sure that not only does your caretaker appreciate this, but the whole of the island will benefit from your kind deeds.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I had asked Juan what religion he was . He looked at me funny and said " We believe in God .... I liked that answer . Many folks are Catholic in Panama and they have many churches through out the Country . The rest have to make do where they can gather . Old buildings , schools and such . This will give the Indian people a place to come from any denomination. The deal is , I get a front row seat . Its all in Spanish but I don't care . Its still fun to sing the gospel songs in English as they sing in Spanish .
I like giving back to the locals as they have made my wife and I so welcome in their country . They are all like family to us .
Many folks move to Panama and end up disliking it because they are trying to change it into what they were trying to escape from . I roll with the punches and love it just the way it is . I guess thats one reason why I have never had any problems or petty theft in 13 years of owning the property .
Last time I was there the local goverment Immigation lady was on me about getting my Resident Papers so I could enjoy the discounts that the local senior get . 50% off air fare , 25% off movies , dining , 50% off medience and doctors, etc . This trip I plan to go ahead and pick it up . It usually runs a $1000 dollars and take a local lawyer but she told me to just come in and they would do it all in the office for me .
I guess being a honorary Bugle Indian Chief does have its advantages :smile:.

Here is a picture of the old church that was on another island . It was part of an old Pineapple plantation that I had purchased back in 2004 .. The old owners would not let the locals use it anymore , but after I purchased the place the church was reopened .It is now part of a medical care clinic that a nice American couple put together when I sold the place . It is still being used as far as I know . This one is quite a ways from my island so having a second church is going to save some folks hours of paddling to get to Sunday Services

Attachments

• San Cristabol water view #3.jpg
    San Cristabol water view #3.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for you Allen My wife too up being a Morman yet I can't say she is the best Morman as she drinks coffee and smokes way too many of them stinky cancer sticks. on the plus side its been 6 months of sobriety. so she's making head way. what I was getting at was your caretakers answer to your question of denomination, i'm kind of the same way I was baptized Lutheran but ,I will go to worship with my wife and the rest of the family. the folks at our church don't mind my outlook that I worship god not 1 denomination in particular. Good for you Al, now we need to get you a snow trac to cruise around on your beach's with.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Why not a cathedral? They could name it St. Al's Grass Cathedral...the Panama version of the Crystal Cathedral

:yum:
Nope.....would not work!!!!!!!!Al chucks to many stones!!!!!!:yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow that looks nice & if you had a nice boat to go out to it, sounds like something I daydream about - GO FOR IT!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow that looks nice & if you had a nice boat to go out to it, sounds like something I daydream about - GO FOR IT!
Al's shuttle, with full staff...

penelope-princess-luxury-yacht.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

This is my style of boat I use for Island hopping now . A 40 horse Yamaha for power . Its a 24 footer with the canopy . Easy on fuel and a lot of fun .
My old boat when I was building the Island house was this beauty !!! It is the Pickup work horse of boats !!! 31 feet long , 3000 pounds and carved from one tree !

Attachments

• DSC04955.jpg
    DSC04955.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 24
  • thCAA4NTVK.jpg
    thCAA4NTVK.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 24