• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sliced fresh stawberries!!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love them alot..:biggrin:

I like to maserate them with a bit of sugar. I may have discovered an interesting addition. Years ago i worked breifly with a Dutch born food science expert. One of the thing he taught me was that in the food industry vanilla is used to "marry" favorings in many foods, and adds a nicet rouch or finish to the taste...

Well I've dicovered that a dash of vanilla along with the teaspoon of sugar atop a cup of sliced strawberries is very nice indeed, or a dudd and I just cann't tell.. Anywho, I am curious as to what the members here would think if they were to try it..:flowers:

Any experimenters here?:brows:

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I love them alot..:biggrin:

I like to maserate them with a bit of sugar. I may have discovered an interesting addition. Years ago i worked breifly with a Dutch born food science expert. One of the thing he taught me was that in the food industry vanilla is used to "marry" favorings in many foods, and adds a nicet rouch or finish to the taste...

Well I've dicovered that a dash of vanilla along with the teaspoon of sugar atop a cup of sliced strawberries is very nice indeed, or a dudd and I just cann't tell.. Anywho, I am curious as to what the members here would think if they were to try it..:flowers:

Any experimenters here?:brows:

Regards, Kirk

Vanilla is often used to smooth flavors like coffee creamer and tart berries. It is part of what makes COOl Whip so tasty.

As for me, I like sliced strawberries with maple syrup instead of cane sugar.
Spoon drop biscuits for shortcake.

2 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening (I use real butter or lard)
3/4 to1 cup of milk (buttermilk if you have it)
For shortbread add 1/4 cup sugar.

Use a large spoon to measure and drop on greased baking sheet Bake 450F 10 to 12 minutes.

Spoon drop makes the biscuit surface rough which give them a very flavorful crust which catches the whipped cream topping and the maple syrup.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc,

i really like the maple syrup idea, and will be trying it with and without vanilla.:biggrin:

There are several distincly diferent vanilla's out there as well. Unfortuneately out here in the "sticks" I don't get to see many of them.:unsure: I really like Mexican vanilla and have a stash of that I save for special occasions..:wink: And I am out of Massey's right now...

Yes, i like palin old vanilla, especially when well paired.

Regards, Kirk

Umberto

The California strawberries have been good this year but can't wait for the local Puyallup area berries to come on. I see the big farm's berries have blossoms now. We get a lot of local red raspberries, marion berries, and wild blackberries, too. I usually just make jelly from the wild ones.

I got a very good vanilla made by the vodka distillery in Pemberton, B.C. and will try it on some strawberries tonight. Thanks for the tip.