• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

James Beard's Onion Sandwiches

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple of days ago, I was browsing recipes for something different to make to go along with soups or a cold summer platter.
I ran across these beauties, and fell in love because they are simple to prepare and look elegant.

They'd be perfect with a bowl of cream of asparagus and bacon soup, or with grape tomatoes or a bunch of red grapes for a light meal.

Can't wait to make them!

Good thick white bread
butter (at room temp)
Mayo
1 large onion sliced thinly
chopped chives and/or parsley

Cut bread into rounds using a cookie cutter, or the mouth of a drinking glass.

Spread bread rounds with butter, place some sliced onions on next, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place another bread round ontop to make a little sandwich.
Spread some mayo around the outside rim of each round. Roll the rim in the herbs.

Voila!
-- you don't have to stick with making them round, but I think they're a lot more attractive.

Onion Sandwiches 001.jpg

OnionSandwich1.jpg

OS3.JPG

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I ate a lot of onion sandwiches but never fancy like that. Sounds and looks good!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's why they caught my attention, Bill.
I love a good onion sandwich on buttered bread with lots of pepper.
Now, I need to stop by the store tonight after work and get some white bread, I already have eveything else.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
These are GOOD!!!! :w00t2:
Dinner is served..:brows:

I used the crusts that were cut from the bread to make croutons for the BLT salad.

2010-06-28 16-33-51.792.jpg

2010-06-28 16-34-01.441.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Make them sometime Bill!
Easy as pie, and I had a ton of chives and parsley stuck in my teeth after lol