• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tincup Tucker

Aaron Tucker

come on down!

Attachments

• Resized95Screenshot9520180724-101925959451.jpg
    Resized95Screenshot9520180724-101925959451.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 468

Aaron Tucker

Man of the cliff event at Nottingham park.

Attachments

• Photos (15).zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 116
  • Photos (16).zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 65

PJL

Converted the photos for you Aaron.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 327

Aaron Tucker

I went up back side of Aspen with a film crew from LA for a sunrise shoot. look for the new ultra 4k footy coming your way. :bitterCol

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3002.JPG
    IMG_3002.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3013.JPG
    IMG_3013.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3014.JPG
    IMG_3014.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3016.JPG
    IMG_3016.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3028.JPG
    IMG_3028.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 271

Aaron Tucker

In the same day we hit 2 world class ski resorts. after I got done at aspen I took the 743 over to Beaver Creek for the men's world cup race where the it was parked at the bottom of the Birds of pray run. Did any of you see it on national TV?

Attachments

• IMG_3037.JPG
    IMG_3037.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_3041.JPG
    IMG_3041.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3038.JPG
    IMG_3038.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3042.JPG
    IMG_3042.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 278

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
speaking of praying,,, You need to spill a little more detail on the chaining up prayer you recite.....

Whats the full story, that road looked sanded!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Aaron, did you read the small print on our contract, “all royalty collected, needs to be passed back to me “ :clap::clap: glad it’s getting used

Aaron Tucker

speaking of praying,,, You need to spill a little more detail on the chaining up prayer you recite.....

Whats the full story, that road looked sanded!

That road was a sheet of ice and I slide back about 50ft. The backbone rep Mike said it should be fine cause the buses where making it up. The buses had chains on lol. so I made a spit second decision to go for it and ended up back at the bottom moments later. a Pisten bully pulled the whole rig out.

This was the second time I got stuck that day. Colorado has been getting hammered with snow. thought I had a good snow tire with the goodyear dura track but guess it was not enough. so the next day I went out and bought chains for the haul truck.

Attachments

• IMG_3035.JPG
    IMG_3035.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 243

Sno-Surfer

Yeah, that’s looks a bit scary but real lucky at the same time.
I’ll admit that’s I had a little scare myself this year on my one and only time out. Hit ice on the way up the hill and had the truck and trailer fishtailing a bit. Fortunately we were going up hill and I was able to get it corrected ok. However there was a rollover right behind me. I was wondering where the line up of cars went! I didn’t it see it but heard about it when we stopped.
Be careful out there folks.
Glad this turned out ok too.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The picture may be deceiving, but it looks like there could have been a whole lot more sliding if it didn’t stop there!

Aaron Tucker

The picture may be deceiving, but it looks like there could have been a whole lot more sliding if it didn’t stop there!

everyone asked if I put it in the ditch on purpose and the answer was no. I had no control of the rig once it started sliding.

Aaron Tucker

On a better note .

Next we will be building the ultimate roof rack for the Tincup Tucker it should be ready for the next event.

I'm also open to all suggestions about the roof rack. it will run almost the full length of the cat. I also think we are going to have to reinforce the roof supports. on the rack will hold snowboards/ski, camera gear, cases of whisky, speakers, light bars, and a tepui tent. going to go all out with this so we can haul more gear and have room for nothing but people on the inside.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did the same with my pistenbully loaded. I slid back about 200ft and the trailer stopped over a steep bank with me on the road. a wrecker pulled me out the next day.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
On a better note .

Next we will be building the ultimate roof rack for the Tincup Tucker it should be ready for the next event.

I'm also open to all suggestions about the roof rack. it will run almost the full length of the cat. I also think we are going to have to reinforce the roof supports. on the rack will hold snowboards/ski, camera gear, cases of whisky, speakers, light bars, and a tepui tent. going to go all out with this so we can haul more gear and have room for nothing but people on the inside.

Although it would distract from the cat a four bar linkage roof rack that comes down to the ground hydraulically so you load everything on the ground would be cool......

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
I guess sliding backwards with a truck, trailer and snowcat is just a right of passage for a snowcat owner. I have slid backwards on a steep hill, done a 180 and pushed my truck and trailer down the road while loading the cat. Now I turn around if I'm uncomfortable and it's already worked out in my favor. I recommend Bridgestone Blizzack, they come in 10ply.

Hey Aaron, have you seen the Timberline lodge 443? It's roof rack is really nice and in my opinion what you should replicate.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
looking into the future and I see a 2 ton tucker freighter trailer as the best way to go, no climbing up ice covered ladders, sliding off the road, or spilling the tin cup

seriously, A.T. I would build pull behind 2 or 4 ski trailer, can be patterned from a original tucker sno cat cat or build to your own or NM outdoors design, either way, far far far more useful......

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ll take a 1/2 ton Tucker trailer while your at it.

Do you think the fact that there is not a GM vehicle towing plays a role here ?

I know that lots of stuff on my roof rack falls of and I don’t go far. Bet my trailer would keep
it safe.

PJL

"I guess sliding backwards with a truck, trailer and snowcat is just a right of passage for a snowcat owner."

Then I guess I'm in that club too. Driving uphill F-350 in 4WD. All forward motion ceases, and I'm only feet from the top. No sweat, I'll put it in park, set the brake and I'll winch it. Oh no. It starts sliding backwards. I have to keep my foot firmly planted on the brakes. I can't get out of the truck. Luckily I had a guy behind me who came up and setup the winch pull. We ended up taking the cat off the trailer so the 9,000 lb winch didn't burn itself to death.

The rest of the day sucked too but at least nothing was wrecked.

Archmage

Its those damn dually trucks, worthless in the snow. If I had one I would just run a really narrow super single or one tire with some spacers....Haha

Aaron Tucker

looking into the future and I see a 2 ton tucker freighter trailer as the best way to go, no climbing up ice covered ladders, sliding off the road, or spilling the tin cup

seriously, A.T. I would build pull behind 2 or 4 ski trailer, can be patterned from a original tucker sno cat cat or build to your own or NM outdoors design, either way, far far far more useful......

I appreciate the input and thought of what you have told me before but Tincup is set on the roof rack. they want to be able to stand on it at events and be above the crowed. Also new sponsor Tepui wants there tent on the tucker.

Aaron Tucker

I guess sliding backwards with a truck, trailer and snowcat is just a right of passage for a snowcat owner. I have slid backwards on a steep hill, done a 180 and pushed my truck and trailer down the road while loading the cat. Now I turn around if I'm uncomfortable and it's already worked out in my favor. I recommend Bridgestone Blizzack, they come in 10ply.

Hey Aaron, have you seen the Timberline lodge 443? It's roof rack is really nice and in my opinion what you should replicate.

ill check it out bro!

Aaron Tucker

next show.....We are going back to the Colorado Convention center at the end of January for the Outdoor Retailer event.