• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tarriff Notification

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I got this e-Mail this morning.

I have decided not to purchase from this vendor. Not because of the tariff notice but because; One: they told me the products were from North America, and Two: because now their products are not price competitive.

China has targeted the packaging machines and materials sector and is "dumping" here in the USA. Their stuff is crap, mostly knockoffs of our domestic designs, but it is so cheap buyers cannot resist.

Tariff Fee Notice

On June 15th, 2018, the Government imposed a 25% tariff under Section 301 of the US Trade Act on a vast number of products manufactured in China. This imposed tariff took effect on July 6th, 2018 for all products that ship to locations in the United States.

Excel Packaging will add a tariff surcharge on the following:
· 5% - Shrink Film (QS201 & QSIR)
· 12.5% - Including but not limited to: Horizontal FFS Machines, Steam Tunnels, Vertical FFS, Piston Fillers, Metal Detectors, and Checkweighers

Unless otherwise notified, this additional charge will be invoiced as a separate line item. This charge will only be billed when Excel Packaging has been charged a tariff on the material being shipped.

Even if the tariff is cancelled on a date after today, you may see some invoices include the tariff surcharge as our inventory may have been subjected to the tariff. Once the material in-stock that was impacted has been depleted, the tariff surcharge will no longer apply.

Excel Packaging values your business and is hopeful the tariff is removed soon. If you have any questions we encourage you to contact our sales department.

THE TARRIFFS ARE WORKING TO LEVEL THE FIELD.