• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Date night

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
How many of you still go on dates with other significant other? We try to get out every now and then to do something other than just go shopping. And that means no kids. We love em but it's sure nice to get a break some times.

Last night, we only had the older two kids and they are old enough now to stay home alone for a couple hours so we took advantage of that and went to see a play put on by a theatrical group here in the city. We've gone to one before which was done by the same group and it was very well done. We know some of the people involved in the group. They spend months practicing 4 nights a week and do 4 plays a year with a showing every night for a week.

What kind of things do you like to do with your partner when the kids aren't around?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a live music venue, called Prairie Blue, one that by day is a dance studio for kids..

Free will offering no door fee, and bring your own beverage. :wink:

Saturday night is a band called " Brother Trucker" and I hear they are really good, 5 players in all.

If the roads here are passable with the snow we are supposed to get, We'll be there.. :unsure:

Regards, Kirk

D1005

We can't afford anything resembling a "date night", especially with the greatly added expense of winter, so we just stay home. The "recovered" economy hasn't reached this part of the woods yet. Peace and quiet isn't all bad, now if the noisy ass neighbors could just learn that!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A date doesn't have to be anything that costs money. You have to eat anyways, right? Why not pack a picnic lunch and take the little missus out for a picnic. A nice walk in the woods always works with the little lady. Point is that there are so many options out there that don't cost anything extra.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So it's a little more difficult to plan a getaway for the weekend now that we have 7 kids in the house but lord knows we need to get a break once in a while to refuel the fires. We have to find somewhere for the kids to go. Someone tp watch the dogs. Coordinating all that. And this weekend we had a friend come to watch the dogs on the premises that she could use the truck as she has no vehicle. Then the truck blew a brake line. So that had to be arranged for repair on friday. Then I realized that my registration needed to be renewed before Saturday so I had to do that. And the list goes on. But it's worth it to be able to leave for 2 days for some us time. In three weeks I have to fly to Toronto again for more assessments. We plan on using free time there to do tourist stuff. Again in August we plan a weekend away.

It's important to keep the homefires burning and not lose sight on what we have.