• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2100 lighting upgrades

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
a couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend getting the thermo start to work, freeing up the track adjusters, and changing the oil this weekend I replaced the thermostat installed a new heater control cable and did a lighting up grade. the 2100 came with no rear lighting I added a couple of clearance lights fro a tail light and a new adjustable betts work light to the rear and a led beacon on top of the cab I still haven't got the tach to work yet and the coolant temp fuel gauge don't work. the oil pressure gauge isn't accurate . there is still some work to do track guides are expected next week so it should be operational soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 270

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Here is the new lights I just picked up for the KT3 .About $90

Attachments

• 51PqZyMx5LL.jpg
    51PqZyMx5LL.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 254

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yes Allen I have seen those the forward lighting seemed ok I may add a few halogen tractor lights yet, we will have to see how things get lit up. lights on the A pillar are spot bulbs with luvers in them they work well around town we will have to wait and see how they work on the trail in a blizzard. I would have liked to keep the period correct rotary beacon but I like the idea of no maintenance on the LED beacon.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
also most of the except for the beacon most of my lighting has been salvaged off stuff that has been scrapped or aved from the dump as some one has been cleaning out a storage building.

Dr. Zaugg

Don:
I found that new tach! The numbers on it are:
Dixson industries
Model 530A1/47196
2.2036/1 ratio 16 pole
Paul

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don,
if your short I have two 18w Leds I can send. I get a good discount.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Question,

Will LED's make enough heat to keep them clear of wind blown snow?

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a little time to whip out the power buffer. and rubbing compound and get some of the pink oxidization off today she is looking pretty sharp now . also the you can see how I'm towing it around with out the tracks on the after pic came before the before pic

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 207

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
don, in the last picture .It looks like your heavy reinforced wheel is in the wrong position.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if there is going to be a bering sea gold this year a few guys are out on the ice now .there is only about 24 inches and it broke off once and took some of the huts up to cripple river, and the dragon got lost again when the ice broke. Jim as for the steel wheel the mono rails will eventually get replaced they were moved because I found stress cracks and the tires are shot. thereis nothing light about the 2 piece steel wheels

akmountaineer

Question,

Will LED's make enough heat to keep them clear of wind blown snow?

Regards, Kirk

Good point, Kirk. LEDs achieve their efficiency by a much higher light to heat ratio than incandescent bulbs. It's doubtful that there would be enough heat to melt off any significant accumulation.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Allens bar has a good following in the off road world. i have old cats and like the look of round lights.as for melting snow from around the beacon since I also replaced the thermostat with a new 195 unit I think heat radiating off the top of the cat will take care of that

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one thing about led is they still work with a week battery. hid needs a good 12v to keep it on. best bang for the buck for light is hid but leds are showing much improvement.
My choice is the led . I have HID for headlights on the snow trac and LED for extra lighting. I have came home with a weak battery several times and just run on LEDs because HID failed from low power.
My bombi was setup the same.
DSC03201-1.jpg