• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Photo Editing software for a Mac?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to use Adobe Photoshop and then later Adobe Elements, which is a baby version of Photoshop.

I need to update my photo editing software, anyone have any suggestions?

I have no complaints with Adobe, Elements did more than I ever needed and the full blown Photoshop was simple to use for the basics but way more advanced than I'd ever need. I may get another copy of Elements but I'm curious what anyone else is using.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I use Corel Photoshop X3 and it is as powerful as Photoshop but much cheaper just about a $100 range. I'm not real familiar with MAC software anymore but perhaps you should take a look at Corel's site. Other than that I have no idea of what would be best for a MAC to edit photos. Oh and I'm not a fan of Corel the company but their software is often pretty good.

Other that that perhaps upgrade Elements to the latest version if it did what you needed. You might also look at GIMP but that is up there with Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop but free and has a bit of a learning curve to it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
GIMP is FREEWARE? Hmmm. Its got some great reviews. I've got some studying to do.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Do you have Preview on your Mac ?

That's what I'm using on mine now. It came with it and is good for resizing and cropping. There are some color/contrast type tools in there, too.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I used Gimp for about 2 years after Corel bought the JASC Paint Shop Pro. I figured the bought it to get it off the market but they did continue with it and even improved it. Gimp is a pretty good open source program by the way but does have almost as hard a learning curve as Photoshop. They make it for Windows, Mac as well as other operating system.