• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCain hires controversial Syria analyst who inflated credentials

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
McCain hires controversial Syria analyst who inflated credentials

Published September 28, 2013 FoxNews.com

Sen. John McCain has hired a controversial Syria analyst who recently was fired by one D.C. organization and resigned from another after it emerged that she inflated her academic credentials.

The Republican senator's office confirmed to Fox News that Elizabeth O'Bagy was hired as a legislative assistant, and will start work next week.

“Elizabeth is a talented researcher, and I have been very impressed by her knowledge and analysis in multiple briefings over the last year. I look forward to her joining my office," McCain said in a statement.

O'Bagy's pro-Syrian opposition research was used by hawkish lawmakers, including McCain, to build the case for intervention against the Assad regime in Syria.

But her clout quickly eroded when she was fired by the Institute for the Study of War after the think tank alleged she lied about her education credentials.

more at:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-who-inflated-credentials/?intcmp=latestnews

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. She may be brilliant but clearly, this intentional hiring will do little to improve McCain's waning credibility.

I voted for him because I simply could not vote for Obama. But he is a bleeding heart war hawk. The worst combination for a leader. One has to have been worried about what kind of President he would have been.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
McCain is the new iteration of Byrd. Way past his prime and time to enjoy a well earned retirement.