• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Value of Hyundai 100k warranty

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day looking at crossover suv's for DW, and narrowed it down to the Honda CRV EXL FWD and the Hyundai Tuscon Limited FWD. The Hyundai came in $1,586 under the Honda, and has a better warranty package:

Honda; 3 yr 36K bumper to bumper
5 yr 60K drivetrain

Hyundai; 5 yr 60K bumper to bumper
10 yr 100K drivetrain
5 yr unlimited mileage roadside assistance
7 yr unlimited mileage rust through

Both are rice burners, but hands down outperform comparable vehicles in the American classes. The American car company warranties also suck, mainly because they're building junk, IMO. Pontiac, Chevy and Ford crossover suv's leave much to be desired, and are all more expensive. In fairness, we drove them all in the past month.

Aside from the better purchase price, how much$$$ could you assign to the additional warranties to use as a bargaining chip with the Honda?

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Aside from the better purchase price, how much$$$ could you assign to the additional warranties to use as a bargaining chip with the Honda?
Don't know about the warranty bargaining amount, but I owned a Vericruz for several years and I was very happy with it. Very nice car. Never had any issues when I took it in for warranty work either, they just fixed the problem and gave me the car back. $0.00 for the bill.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help with the warranty but we had a santa fe before. Good vehicle with a nice ride and awesome power. The only real issue I had was the brakes. The metal clips would corrode causing the pads to stick. I made it a point every 10k to pull them apart and clean the clips free of any corrosion.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Wife is a visiting nurse so she lives in her car. Had a Sonata and loved it, great car, warranty as good as any other they stood by it. Hop this helps.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
DW checked out the Mazda CX-5, but I think it was out of her target price point.
The Santa Fe is more vehicle than she wants, but it did have a great ride.
DW's sister has a Sonata, and is very happy with it.

DW will keep the new vehicle for 8-10 years, so she's taking her time picking a vehicle she'll be happy with. The Honda has a great reputation (we've owned 4 or 5 of them over the years), but the Hyundai's warranty sure makes ownership attractive for the long haul. Gonna be a tough a choice for her, and I keep throwing it back at her when she asks which one I prefer. I don't have to drive it all the time, so I'm not going to be held responsible if she's not happy down the road. Mama didn't raise no fool.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Craftsman tools and snap on tools have the same warrantee.
You can bet your ass you'll be visiting a Sears store often to replace broken shit tools, as well as Walgreens to buy first aid supplies such as knuckle bandages.
Snap on tools never break and no need for first aid supplies.
Is the warrantee more important or the quality of the build?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well after what my brother went through I'd say the Hyundai warranty is OK because he used his a bunch. Two rear main seals and a transmission in a Sante Fe was enough for even me to never own one. After his third major repair in less than 2 years (Actual possession time was a little over 1 year) it was gone on lemon law.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Well after what my brother went through I'd say the Hyundai warranty is OK because he used his a bunch. Two rear main seals and a transmission in a Sante Fe was enough for even me to never own one. After his third major repair in less than 2 years (Actual possession time was a little over 1 year) it was gone on lemon law.
I think most of us have heard horror stories of Friday @ 3:00 pm vehicles from just about every manufacturer. If we wrote off every manufacturer based on thier anomalies, none of them would remain in business and we would be riding livestock again...and some of them would be less than stellar performers as well.

Anyway, she-who-must-be-obeyed selected the Hyundai Tuscon Limited. When I asked her "If money were not an issue, which vehicle would you want in the garage for the next 6-8 years," she said the Tuscon Limited because it had more stylish exterior lines and a more "contemporary feeling" interior space (whatever that means).

Being a woman, I chose to not challenge that logic, and proceeded to negotiate the deal for her using apathy as my sword...it worked. The more uninterested I appeared with their offers and feature descriptions, the more things they added to the deal and the lower the price became. When they stopped delivering goodies to the deal, I stood up and said that we were going to revisit the Honda one more time to be sure we were making the right choice, at which point they added 3 years of free oil changes and tire rotations. I caved at that point and said we had a deal, and told them to run her credit and see what kind of interest rate she could get. She has a 834 credit score, and the sales manager came back with a 2.99% rate. Knowing he was trying to make up from the financing kickback for what he gave away in the deal (we researched the rates vs credit scores ahead of time), I told him we would get back to him tomorrow after checking with our bank for a better rate, and magically he found a bank with 1.09%. So, the Tuscon sits in the garage, the wife is happy, and life moves on. Now I need to decide what I'm going to do with my 3/4 ton 2003 Chevy Express van. It's starting to give me problems, so it's probably time to replace it.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the Honda is a rice burner the Hyundai is a kimchee burner one thing to remember is look what the parent country uses for cabs. when I lived in korea just about every cab I saw was a Hyundai pony. they were well built jap knock off's and somer of the Daewoo products were badged as Pontiacs

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hyundai,,,hands down over any US product. And over Honda.

I will second that emotion. I have had my Sonata for a little over 2 years now with ZERO problems. The car rides great, lot's of leg room for my lanky frame and the i4 engine has great power for it's class. Over 30 on a trip. A light car for it's class at around 3400 pounds I believe.

Oh, and the car and engine are both assembled right here in the USA. Putting the good folks from Alabama to work without the burden of the UAW. Win/Win.

My $.02 worth about Hyundai.