• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What do you cook that makes everyone brag on you?

American Woman

Site Supporter
I don't cook anything that anyone brags on :glare: Redneck's specialty is Baked beans. This past Christmas I cooked his beans for him and THEY NOTICED :hammer:
When his family gets together all his sisters, his momma,aunts,and grand mother had the one (or two) things that everyone requested them to bring.
I've tried everything and nobody says anything. I used to think I could cook :sad: Now I bring a few cans of heated corn, and they still say nothing....:glare:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Yes...How do you make it? I have only seen it on top of a salad in restaurants.
I bet if I walked in the room with something that took hours to make...next to one of his sisters with "poop on a stick" They would still brag on the poop on stick.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I can't think of anything I've made recently that makes my family or friends brag so much.

Used to be a whiz at a lot of things when I cooked for a crowd.

As for this forum, the potato soup seems to be a big hit! lol

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes...How do you make it? I have only seen it on top of a salad in restaurants.
I bet if I walked in the room with something that took hours to make...next to one of his sisters with "poop on a stick" They would still brag on the poop on stick.

Well, I make it with love.

Poop on a stick? Who makes "Poop on a stick"?

American Woman

Site Supporter
I make things with luv and they don't notice. SO give it up....
I said if they DID walk in with Poop on stick? :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I make things with luv and they don't notice. SO give it up....
I said if they DID walk in with Poop on stick? :yum:
My sister's MIL always makes this gawd awful dressing at Thanksgiving.

It smells like a wet wash cloth and tastes sour.

I don't know what the hell she puts in it, but it's always requested of her to bring it!

It's sloppy and wet.

On the other hand, my Aunt Rosemary makes her fabulous dressing.

Over the years it's become a running joke in the family of the dressing competitions. haha!!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Sam's world famous guacamole:

2 avocados mashed with a fork

Ingredients to be liquified (I use my Magic Bullet. Not to be confused with a silver bullet -- ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about):

Half (or more if you like) a large onion (not sweet)
2 large jalapenos (not those mushy jarred slices, either)
2 handfuls of FRESH cilantro
2 medium cloves garlic
3 T. lime juice
Salt (c. 1 T)
Pepper (who cares at this point how much?)

3 Roma tomatoes, diced

Mix all the above in a big, shiny bowl.

Chill a few hours.

Enjoy! (I don't recommend it as a condiment for "poop dogs", however. just use corn chips)

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
My Mom has bragged about my Potato Soup since I was 10. She has bragged about my Sauerbraten since about the same time. The Potato soup I made up. The Sauerbraten, started from a recipe, and then changed as I found my own likings.

There are stories going around our Scout leaders about the dutch oven lasagna I made in camp last summer, with real ricotta cheese and everything; from scratch(did do the sauce prep at home...).

My brother always craves the pork loin with garlic, apple, and sauerkraut that I make in hunting camp in a dutch oven...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am well known for my Turkey dinners. Don't know why just am. When my family wants to get together it's let Dad cook. Even my brothers and sisters like it when I cook the turkey dinner. No one makes gravy like I do.

One thing I like to make that my kids like also is SOS.

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Steaks on the grill for me. I have a pretty crappy grill but can still cook a nice steak.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you cook that makes everyone brag on you?

That's easy.

When I bring home take out. :hide:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did the canned corn a couple of times and still didn't get a reaction. All they said was "we needed a vegtable" :doh: I guess I will be invisable until I bring poop on a stick :yum:
Seriously.....it's not fair. I'm not THAT bad.
Next time, whip up a fabulous corn souffle.. you'll be the talk of the town, I gayrAWwwwwwnnnnnnntee:w00t2: haha!

American Woman

Site Supporter
Sam's world famous guacamole:

2 avocados mashed with a fork

Ingredients to be liquified (I use my Magic Bullet. Not to be confused with a silver bullet -- ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about):

Half (or more if you like) a large onion (not sweet)
2 large jalapenos (not those mushy jarred slices, either)
2 handfuls of FRESH cilantro
2 medium cloves garlic
3 T. lime juice
Salt (c. 1 T)
Pepper (who cares at this point how much?)

3 Roma tomatoes, diced

Mix all the above in a big, shiny bowl.

Chill a few hours.

Enjoy! (I don't recommend it as a condiment for "poop dogs", however. just use corn chips)

Now this sounds good....I'm going to try it next time we get together. What would I bring with it? Those big flat chips?
And I do know the difference between the bullets. It's a no brainer..... you can't mix a thing with the silver one :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
And what is a corn souffle?????:unsure:
Ingredients

Directions

1. Mix eggs, cornbread mix, creamed corn, kernel corn and pimentos together in a Pyrex serving bowl; set aside.
  2. Sauté chopped green peppers and onions in butter until tender.
  3. Pour entire contents of pan (butter and all) on top of corn mixture.
  4. Do not stir into the corn mixture.
  5. Let it set on top of it.
  6. Gently spread it over casserole.
  7. Stir sour cream until it is somewhat spreadable.
  8. Gently spread over the butter, onion, green pepper mixture.
  9. If it mixes a little it is okay, just don't stir it together.
  10. Top with shredded cheese.
  11. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
  12. Casserole should rise like a souffle and bubble around edges, cheese should be nicely browned.
  13. Make take lid off for the last 5 minutes but make sure to watch the cheese so it won't get too dark!

Or, you could buy Stouffer's frozen, 2 boxes, nuke it, take it.. no one would know the difference.
:D http://www.stouffers.com/Products/P...t=&ServingSize=&ProductGroup=&cP=1&isPOn=True

American Woman

Site Supporter
:yum: They will think I'm gett'in all fancy on'em :yum:
One of my SIL's brings a broccoli casserole and
IT'S NOT THAT GREAT y'all:hammer:

I feel like Cinderella without the fancy dress and all :glare:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
AW, Save your efforts for Redneck and your immediate family. Sounds to me like you will not impress these folks....feed 'em from a can. Don't cast your pearls before swine.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Iv'e had my goose cooked a few times . People seemed to enjoy seeing that .:sad:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I have been cooking for years, my mother was a great cook and taught my wife when we first got married.

What we get repeat requests for are,

French Canadian Pork pie and Gorton ( a soft pork based spread, great on toast on in sandwiches )

Jambalaya

Fish Chowder - living close to the ocean in the northeast helps with the quality of the fish.

Spinacopita - Spinach Pie - my community has a large Greek community and I picked up a terrific recipe.

What I'm looking for now is a good recipe for Lamb Saag one of my favorite Indian dishes.

American Woman

Site Supporter
AW, Save your efforts for Redneck and your immediate family. Sounds to me like you will not impress these folks....feed 'em from a can. Don't cast your pearls before swine.
You would think after over 18 years I wouldn't care. But I get ticked off everytime they tell someone they have to bring a certain dish...like I'm not standing there in front of them with my pan of corn:hammer:

Iv'e had my goose cooked a few times . People seemed to enjoy seeing that .:sad:
I don't want to see it :whistling:

I have been cooking for years, my mother was a great cook and taught my wife when we first got married.

What we get repeat requests for are,

French Canadian Pork pie and Gorton ( a soft pork based spread, great on toast on in sandwiches )

Jambalaya

Fish Chowder - living close to the ocean in the northeast helps with the quality of the fish.

Spinacopita - Spinach Pie - my community has a large Greek community and I picked up a terrific recipe.

What I'm looking for now is a good recipe for Lamb Saag one of my favorite Indian dishes.
This post is worthless without a recipie :hammer:
Start with the French Canadian Pork pie and Gorton :wink:

Last edited: