• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whatever Happened to the Hippie Girls of the Sixties

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Errr.....Frank? You can't link us directly to your Hotmail account. :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Right click on the pic and save it to your computer. Then maybe you can post it.
Otherwise you have to highlight the entire pic and do a copy, then paste it into a picture editor software package. Or mail it to me doc AT forumsforums.com and I'll add it to your post.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Whatever Happened to the Hippie Girls of the Sixties. This is a reality check.
Can't see yours, but here's mine. You realize, I hope, the reality is that most have passed their 60th birthday by now.

My wife's the real thing. Graduated Berkeley 1969. Went to Woodstock, hitchhiked starting from London, toured France, Spain, across Europe to Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, over the Khyburz pass into Pakistan, toured India, and on to Katmandu. Still has the goatskin coat from Afghanistan! (although she hasn't worn it since then).

Now that she's retired, she volunteers 3 days a week helping kids learn to read. Still an idealist.

Somewhere along the way, married me, got a Master's in Public Administration, and we have a couple of kids who seem to be carrying on the tradition.

Younger Daughter just flew in yesterday from touring Spain on a motorcycle; Older Daughter has done all that and is now settled down in a job with a nonprofit where she certifies Organic/Fair Trade from worldwide sources after living in some of those places herself.

I'm proud of all of them!

Wife is modest, so I've chosen a rather nonspecific picture I took recently.

P1170431rL&cat320x240.jpg

American Woman

Site Supporter
I think the 60's and 70's girls are a dieing breed.
icon9.gif

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
urednecku, -reps you evil bahstahd. :angry:

PG, do you still keep 'in touch' with those guys...:rolleyes:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Poor thing may be traumatized for life.. lol
Poor kid...He seems to keep walking up at the wrong time.LOL this happened the other night

post_old.gif
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
American Woman

icon1.gif
Re: Touching Story

My five year old son walked by as I was scrolling thru the post, and saw the picture of the elephant. He wanted to know about it, and since it was a "touching" story I read it out loud to him. We kept pausing to say "awww".....and then when I realized what I was reading it was too late. He got quiet and still. I thought I was gonna have some splain'in to do........he blinked and said,....."ouch", and left.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Let's try this again.
I just deleted my reply that apparently was interpreted way different from what I intended, according to a PM.
New text; what I intended to say:
Originally Posted by urednecku But what I want to know is why California had to turn this into another dad-blamed Amy Weirdhouse thread??:glare:
Cause I don't see any difference between that tattooed 70 year old you posted, and Sushi's Obsession - who we've seen more pictures of than anyone should have to endure!

A freak like that old broad you posted never was a hippie when she was young. A circus performer maybe. Or maybe just self destructive like Amy Winehouse. That was the first thing I thought of, that's a picture of Winehouse aged!

Thanks for sharing... :D :D :D

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't mean to take your thunder, or hi-jack the thread. I just got that pic in an e-mail about the same time I saw your thread.

No need to apologise. I couldn't get the darned thing to post. It was my fault, I copied and pasted the link and not the photo but I'm glad you put it up because now you take all the heat. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

That sure was one ugly grannie. You'd think she would have more sense than to take her clothes off though the chick behind her with the boobs is worth checking out.

RedRocker

My wife and I were hippies, we both grew out of it though. Nothing like a dose of real life to snap you out of the haze.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
My wife and I were hippies, we both grew out of it though. Nothing like a dose of real life to snap you out of the haze.

Somehow I was guessing that. Some stereotyping here obviously...The whole thing intrigues me some, but I was not even born before it was over so.....

urednecku

Site Supporter
No need to apologise. I couldn't get the darned thing to post. It was my fault, I copied and pasted the link and not the photo but I'm glad you put it up because now you take all the heat. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have tried to copy & paste to the threads. The photo would come out on my computer, but others would only see the red x . I started saving the photo on my desktop, then uploading thru the "manage Attachjments" link.
Works better that way, to me anyhow.