• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Highs of 100 rest of week.

Attachments

• 1A464FB0-5066-428B-8B46-EFD8D7166605.gif
    1A464FB0-5066-428B-8B46-EFD8D7166605.gif
    124.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 61984567-4E5A-48FC-80F8-9D2884BE440A.gif
    61984567-4E5A-48FC-80F8-9D2884BE440A.gif
    144.7 KB · Views: 120

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. 33 celcius in the shade. Went for a swim in the lake to cool off. Might go again as it's way cooler in the water. Just drenched in sweat.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
High of only 99 predicted today

Attachments

• 69DFB105-B19A-4ECB-BEA9-3FE759BAAF86.jpeg
    69DFB105-B19A-4ECB-BEA9-3FE759BAAF86.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 117

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're getting the same temperatures up here in Canada. Thankfully there's a slight breeze to cool down as it blows across my sweaty body. Lmao

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not liking this heat.
My son & his friends are hiking some of the Appalachian trail this coming week. It's going to be a scorcher.
Ice cold here in my office. 61° A/C is running full time blowing 45° air out of the registers. :)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our ac hasn't stopped at home during the day. It's been a humidex of 37 celcius. Not comfortable outside.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in a severe thunderstorm warning. I had to go to the city a couple hours ago and got caught in a cell of severe rain coming in sideways. I got soaked running from the truck into a store. It's supposed to rain and thunder along with hail and strong winds.
20e807083cc8ae9bb6c34b89d379c23f.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It’s 102 here :bolt:

Attachments

• 1FBB5199-5B53-4D4F-B158-ED1470B5F046.jpg
    1FBB5199-5B53-4D4F-B158-ED1470B5F046.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 143

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's supposed to be around 30 celcius right through to the end of the month. Not good for the habitat around here that's used to cooler temperatures. The lake and river temperatures are way above normal. Last week area residents began reporting dead fish literally everywhere along the riverbanks because of the warm water.

Meanwhile here's a few pictures from the storm earlier. It came fast and hard and lasted an hour. I drove through part of it. Wild n windy.
e778b078548befb3c5d3bdaac1fff385.jpg
fea3aa5785047af5561983c05e0c4f2e.jpg
9196dc2d01e2c96443816a9d4eeca708.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was another 95°F day here today but it was a different 95°F than it was earlier in the week. The humidity was down to 75% and it didn't feel too bad compared to what we had earlier. Don't get me wrong, it was still hot and sweaty out there but at least I went out there which I didn't do earlier in the week. It better be more of the same tomorrow as I have to finish up mowing. I only did a few hours until I was a wrung out rag and then I gave up for the day. This is either getting harder or I'm getting older. I don't know which. Well, yes I do but I'm not willing to admit it, not yet anyways.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We just went through an hour of a wicked show of lightning and very loud bangs with wind coming in sideways for an hour. At camp. No damage. No violent winds.
946fec5c565bdd7cdd08974578d69fbe.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just more of the same here. It was mid 90s again and 75% humidity. I think this pattern has set in for the summer which means that we are in for a long, hot, sweaty spell. Never mind Covid-19, 2 or 3 more months of this weather might send this old man to his grave. The humidity needs to drop back down to 60% and I might be able to work for more than a few hours. This weather is just draining.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
They said it was 97°F here today but it felt a lot better than the past few days. At the house we only got to 93°F, the humidity was 75% but there was a stiff breeze which made things tolerable. There were thunderstorms all around us but not a drop of rain at the home place. The weather pattern seems to have set in for the summer so it's going to be hot and hotter until late September. I'm regretting canceling out Colorado and northern New Mexico RV trip for August and September. At least with one new a/c unit life at the house is COOL.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How hot is it in Texas?

Attachments

• E2E58421-7978-48B0-A8AD-CF488E52B37B.jpeg
    E2E58421-7978-48B0-A8AD-CF488E52B37B.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 126

Bannedjoe

The new window ac unit appears to be working fine.
I tossed a seasoned raw chicken in a pan outside on the picnic table.
I figure it should be done right about dinnertime.
iT9a9Ua.gif

Attachments

• IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's 29 celcius out at camp. A few clouds. Nice breeze. Just went for a swim in the lake. No complaints. Another 2 months and the leaves will be changing color. Which means hunting season. That leads to snowmobile season. Gotta be prepared for all the seasons up here. Lol.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a big thunderstorm this morning so the mowing got pushed back until tomorrow. The grass is so tall now that it's going to take a long time to get it cut.

Really, this summer hasn't been too bad as Texas summers go. We're just about in to August and the temperature keeps hovering around 95°. We've also had more rain than usual so that keeps it kind of muggy. It's not comfortable but it's not Gulf Coast humid either.

I still remember 2011 when we had almost 70 days of 100°+ temperatures. I can do without any more of that nonsense.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Two days ago it was 33c in the shade. Yesterday was pants and a sweater. Called it early last night and came in to watch a movie. Today is sunny but windy and cooler.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It only got to 90° today and the wind shifted from to south to the south-west so the humidity wasn't quite so bad. Let's face it, it's still freekin' HOT.

My SIL came over and swam for a while. She complained that the pool was cool. I didn't tell her that I just finished filling it up before she came over. :smile: