• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Jamboree 2015

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And a selfie of Jim from his Facebook page. Happy about a little snow and the 'hawks! :yum:

Jim settle down......Oh that is right, there is THAT little football game today.

I have a IMP ripped apart to get ready for a Snow cat GTG.

and some little foot ball game is going to waste away my mid day.,

I like both teams but will be sporting a cheesehead today.

Go pack. It generally snows on the pack (ask holmgren :wink:)

Mike

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I could care less and never been to a game. plus I have hair and better teeth.

martinf

Hey gang,
I'll stop by for a visit this coming weekend, but since I can't bring either of my toys, I thought I'd show and tell them with a picture.
The weasel is just for fun up at my place...I live up above Lake Chelan, WA on 40 acres up at 3300 ft with a mile long driveway with 5 switchbacks.
The LMC is what I maintain and groom with at Echo Ridge, our local Xcountry ski area.
Looking forward to meeting you all. What is the best time and day to stop by to meet everybody?
~martin

Attachments

• Weasel 001.jpg
    Weasel 001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 228
  • LMC 1800.jpg
    LMC 1800.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 229
We made our reservations on Saturday evening. Gal said discounted rooms are all gone. Guess that's what happens when you wait till the last minute (bummer), but we signed up anyways. Looking forward to it!

1bigguy

What time is breakfast? I will bring ST4 number 766. It well stay on the trailer as I have not had the time to restore. Looking foward to seeing you all. Dave

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey hey guys, do you have a very un-official schedule of events, is friday the cat show and saturday play in the snow, just asking thanks for putting this all together, looking forward to playing in the snow.

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What time is breakfast? I will bring ST4 number 766. It well stay on the trailer as I have not had the time to restore. Looking foward to seeing you all. Dave
now we can see the before and after. looking forward to seeing it. i'm sure your get lots of suggestions.

Tye one on

Snow report is not good as you all probably know by now. We have three potential areas we may be able to get out but really need snow in the next few days and it can't be followed by rain. I am headed back over on Thursday and will recheck the areas and update you all.

Bring your cat your food and drink of choice and we will have a great time snow or no snow. For those who are interested we will head into town around 8:00pm for a few adult beverages at Uncle Uli's There will be a breakfast around 8:00 at Krystal's on Saturday morning for the attendees before the run if it's possible.

Sounds like there are lots of new folks coming this year and there are only a few of the original twenty five discounted rooms left. If you haven't made your reservations you will want to do it ASAP for the discount.

Hope to see you all on Friday!!! Cheers!

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Start licking your chops. 5 pounds of barbecue pork are in the cooler and on the way to the Snow Cat Jamboree party

Snow report: There is about 12" in Leavenworth, but less on southern exposures and farther east; about 22" in Lake Wenatchee area; and about 54" in Stevens Pass area. There won't be any significant snow before weekend anywhere in area, snow levels are going way up toward end of week and only light rain expected. The pineapple sacrifices and snow dances finally worked last weekend, we got a couple feet at Stevens and about 9" in Leavenworth, but the snow gods are apparently still not satisfied.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you chowder guys must think were pretty lame. Us bitching about no snow and all.
it's tuff living near the warm coast.
you must be a good bunch, never heard a peep out of you.
thanks
jim

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
We are heading over tomorrow snow or no snow. 3700 ft elevation at our cabin north of Ellensburg is bare. Been here three days and nothing but sun. I've had the cat almost two years and driven it once in snow.
But there are brats to eat, friends to meet and beer to drink in Leavenworth. So we'll see you there.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't get out till 9 or 10 am tomorrow and going over Snoqualmie. two cats.
save me a parking spot.
jim

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
All loaded up and ready to meet up with a couple others on Friday morning. Watch for the caravan of snowcats headed East over Stevens Pass! Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new folks too. Snow.. Snow.. Snow.. Snow.. Snow!

Kristi Kt-4

We are heading over tomorrow snow or no snow. 3700 ft elevation at our cabin north of Ellensburg is bare. Been here three days and nothing but sun. I've had the cat almost two years and driven it once in snow.
But there are brats to eat, friends to meet and beer to drink in Leavenworth. So we'll see you there.

The last two sentences are what its all about.... If it was a little closer I would be there!

martinf

Bring your cat your food and drink of choice and we will have a great time snow or no snow. For those who are interested we will head into town around 8:00pm for a few adult beverages at Uncle Uli's There will be a breakfast around 8:00 at Krystal's on Saturday morning for the attendees before the run if it's possible. [/QUOTE said:
Hey all,
What's a good time to catch everyone and see the machines? Will most everybody be there by Friday pm or should I wait until Sat to come over?
~martin

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Most should be there by Friday afternoon. If you wait till
Saturday, and there is a snow run, most may be gone. If there is no run, we'll be partying in the parking lot.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
if the trail is good we have the option of leaving them unloaded overnight at berts for a run the following days.
it is six miles in to town from berts .
bert is the groomer operator and lives at the trailhead. he has a large pasture that we park/unload in.
i'm not planning stuff but I would think Friday but then some will not arrive till Friday.
I don't know. You may ask nick . He is calling the shots and set things up.
this is 2013 jamboree showing berts house and parking behind it. NOT this years picture. Lots of grass as of last sunday. The hill/trail is behind the camera
jamboree00212013.jpg

Last edited:

Tye one on

image-414525579.jpg

Loaded! Next stop Jamboree 2015! If you have a cat it may be a poor life decision to miss this event.....or at least you'll regret it a bit.?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should be in by noon Thursday. ready to go. the german cuisine is waiting. one snow trac is following me.
DSC00882.jpg

were also posting on facebook

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be there on Friday. Orange burban sprung a leak in the fuel tank, only 650,000 miles since I built the tank! That was in 1978, found that the steel rusted through. New tank will be stainless, tired of working on the rig all the time.

Nick, you and other Tucker owners can rest easy, no burban, no trailer, no Sno-Cats following me to tuckerville. Watch out for sliver burban!

Attachments

• DSCN2275.jpg
    DSCN2275.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 283

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
ready to go, looking forward to seeing everyone, it will be great tuckering, be there friday by noon, jinn

Attachments

• DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 285

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you chowder guys must think were pretty lame. Us bitching about no snow and all.
it's tuff living near the warm coast.
you must be a good bunch, never heard a peep out of you.
thanks
jim

Nothing but respect here.

I think it is like this:
WE, WI, the midwest, have the highest concentration of snow mobile trails in the world. Over the snow for recreation started here. Snow CATTING for recreation is not fully understood. Cats serve a purpose here in the midwest, to groom Snow for snow mobiles. and to a lesser extent repair ski hills.

GTG for social operation makes snow cat people a bit odd..... Knowing this makes one humble and also respectful.

NOw on your hand it appears there is a snow cat behind every garage, and you west coasters actually have a need for them to get onto your properties to over come elevation and higher snow levels.

Hang in there, mother nature is a fickle ______.

And again have some fun.

Mike

Ok you folks are off to a good start. Keep the photos and quips coming. Ill keep working and teaching apprentices the merits of DC motors. Actually took the winch from the tucker to class today....

Last edited:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Just returned from the jamboree route there is more than enough snow so load that cat up and head to Leavenworth this years eventis going to be a fantastic success