• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track party / Washington state FSR 6710

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Is anyone out there intrested in trailering to Washington for a track party ? Forest service road 6710 cross street Old Cascade Highway Take US HWY 2 from Skykomish Wa, east or US HWY 2 west from Leavenworth Wa. Feb 24th~ Sunday the 26th . Lodging can be found in Skykomish Wa or Leavenworth Wa.

Just dosent seem to be very many people in my area that get their Thiokol or Tuckers out . What ever it is you have we would love to see you bring it out for a cruise . Let me know if there is any intrest .:unsure:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Im in !:clap:

Attachments

• iron goat 012.jpg
    iron goat 012.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,767

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'l give it a try . My tracks are off for a new sprocket job. Jim
snowtrac11611047.jpg

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I have a cabin on the Old Cascade Highway ~ Atfer unloading the toys we can stop by there shortly before heading up the mountain on FSR 6710 . Pack a lunch and bring your cameras . Depending on what rigs come we may go to Captains Point the ride could be exciting . The view is a good one at the top ! Parking can be found in Scenic . I will get intouch with one of the other owners if we need more parking . Cascade powder cats runs a back county ski opp in the area as well . I will get intouch with them they might like to come along with us . :clap:

Attachments

• iron goat 035.JPG
    iron goat 035.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 1,729

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I'l give it a try . My tracks are off for a new sprocket job. Jim
snowtrac11611047.jpg
My neighbor just bought a Tucker today over in Idaho Not sure what year or Modle . He is intrested in coming so that will make four of us right now .
Im new to the Thiokol so it will be nice to meet up and learn about these things .

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
He bought that 1965 Tucker 343A ! He's hauling it back tonight ~ Let it snow ~

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Should be a good time . "Tyeoneon" Bought themselves a older Tucker ~ We hooked up with them for a ride on FSR6710 last weekend . Went back in about 6.5 miles . The old tucker ran like clock work :wow:

I am hoping to get back in there again soon to build a few snow structures prior to Feb track party .

It would be nice to get another couple cats back up in there with us:w00t2: if you know anyone that just enjoys getting out in the back country . Right now its looking like there will be four cats :biggrin:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I think I will bring the Sprite

Attachments

• cat photos 085.jpg
    cat photos 085.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,440
Is anyone out there intrested in trailering to Washington for a track party ? Forest service road 6710 cross street Old Cascade Highway Take US HWY 2 from Skykomish Wa, east or US HWY 2 west from Leavenworth Wa. Feb 24th~ Sunday the 26th . Lodging can be found in Skykomish Wa or Leavenworth Wa.

Just dosent seem to be very many people in my area that get their Thiokol or Tuckers out . What ever it is you have we would love to see you bring it out for a cruise . Let me know if there is any intrest .:unsure:

oh wow, I wish I had the time and the $ to travel, I have an aunt and uncle that live there, we could stay with them. Sounds like a blast and Leavenworth is such a prety little town.

Evious, I hope you all take pictures and post them from your ride.

:clap:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
someone needs to post a map of the area. Mine are vague on the road numbers.
But I am thing levenworth is about 1hr drive.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
oh wow, I wish I had the time and the $ to travel, I have an aunt and uncle that live there, we could stay with them. Sounds like a blast and Leavenworth is such a prety little town.

Evious, I hope you all take pictures and post them from your ride.

:clap:
When there's a will there a way ! Would love to see your ride ! We will all be taking photos

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a Google Maps link to the area. FS Road 6710 wanders off to the north quite a ways -- you can follow it in Google Maps as long as you care to do so.

Ron
Ron Perfect Map ! Im in the shop with the Spryte doing some pre season fixes Most likely we will have the Thiokol 1402 imp which we are selling and the Spryte . Marco

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Stan are you out there ? Would love to see you for the tack party !

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Im selling our Thiokol 1402 IMP 1964 Not a work horse but maintained

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Should be a good time . "Tyeoneon" Bought themselves a older Tucker ~ We hooked up with them for a ride on FSR6710 last weekend . Went back in about 6.5 miles . The old tucker ran like clock work :wow:

I am hoping to get back in there again soon to build a few snow structures prior to Feb track party .

It would be nice to get another couple cats back up in there with us:w00t2: if you know anyone that just enjoys getting out in the back country . Right now its looking like there will be four cats :biggrin:
If you need some help or company. I can bring the best one for the job.
Jim

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
:clap: I was surprized there arent more people out there with tracked cats in our area

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Just returned from FSR 6710 . Plenty of snow . We didnt go up to Captains point. Instead we stopped in the valley floor and broke bread there while the kids fooled around with a snowboard . It rained all day Yuk !

Tye One On will not be attending previous date has them doing something else .

It was nice to get out on the snow and check out the Spryte .

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
what is the elevation ? The snow pack should be good.

4618 feet and it gets higher but there will be some limitations on locations we will be able to venture off too . There is a large slide area we wont want to cross .

There is also a back country ski operation going on up there . If you look at the map provided in an earlier post there is the first right hand turn off FSR 6710 which takes you up onto delberts ridge. We will want to respect The lease holder to that land " Cascade Powder Cats " and not venture into their operation area .

We will bring a stand up tent , chair and a BBQ on a table for anyone who would like to skew something up ! We also will have Brauts ! and the fixxens should anyone like to have some . I like beer so I plan to bring some. There is the possibility we could have music off the genset ( small honda quiet) if there is any intrest in having it ?

As we get closer to the Track party date if anyone has a question about parking or lodging let me know asap . Skykomish will be the closest lodging but can fill up . Leavenworth would be the next lodging to the east .

I'm hoping that there is enough intrest out there that this could be an annual event each year at a min . The Track party location could rotate around so we could all enjoy the different areas in our amazing state of Washington . Meeting other cat owners and the equipment history should make for a great outing !

So in a nut shell get the word out ! Track Party FSR 6710 bring your kids the wife and the dog ! Marco

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
how much parking is at the trailhead?

The parking lot is at Scenic off HWY 2 . It is at the east entrance of the Old Cascade HWY . The Iron Goat Trail Head is located there also . Look for the Red Caboose on the right hand side of the road . There is also a Red Caboose on the left hand side of the road . Park on the south side of US HWY 2 .
The parking is on private property which I have permission to use for this event .The parking lot is right on US HWY 2 .
For those who would like to attend you need to contact me on this post so I can arrange your parking spot . There is 10 parking spaces for trailers which are perfect for us to unload and load . All trucks are to pull straight toward bank of the parking lot . This allows you easy on and off of the trailer . Please do not park too wide in the lot. Hug the person next to you .
If it turns out that the event needs more parking we can park rigs at the west entrance of the Old Cascade HWY also . The best parking is in Scenic .

Scenic is about 10 miles east of Skykomish Wa . There is and earlier post on this thread Map Questing the area of FSR 6710 .

Be sure to bring your wife and childern .:w00t2:

Things to think about bringing .
Safety first :biggrin:
First aid kit
tow strap
winch
fuel
oil
hyd fluid ?
warm cloths
food
water
drink
matches
blanket
radio ~ Marine channel 68 or hand held CB
chair
camera
small chain saw
snow shoes
head lamp flash light
extra cloths
and plenty of stories from your last outing !

If we get an early start it gives us plenty of time to relax on the way out . Lets try not to be loading cats on the trailers in the dark . :flowers:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon and Earl are planning and I am. so that is two pickup and 16' trailers. We should be overnight. I will have a camper on my pickup. I will know more when lyndon returns from work. we'll have the two snow tracs show in the photo.
I contacted one other but he hasn't got back with me.