• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

9% UNEMPLOYMENT, $14 TRILLION IN DEBT, & NO BUDGET… IT’S BONUS TIME!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well if this was a private sector business there would be a corporate bloodbath with executives being slaughtered by the shareholders. But its our federal government.

FOLLOW the link for full story => http://www.theblaze.com/stories/9-unemployment-14-trillion-in-debt-no-budget-its-bonus-time/
9% UNEMPLOYMENT, $14 TRILLION IN DEBT, & NO BUDGET… IT’S BONUS TIME!

Let’s role play a little situation. (Try not to make the obvious comparisons to Congress.)

Your company is hemorrhaging cash, falling deeper into debt than even your accountants can imagine.

You choose to INCREASE spending, claiming “ya gotta spend money to make money.”

You are also so busy arguing with middle management that you can’t find time to make a budget that might get you back on track.

It appears that your job is about to be eliminated.

There is only one thing left to do – give bonuses to as many employees as possible!

Here’s the assignment — explain your actions to shareholders. They are especially interested in hearing your thought process on the bonuses.

If the exercise seems to be too far removed from reality and you might argue that it is a waste of time, think again. This is exactly what happened in Congress last year. House members, both Democrats and Republicans, paid large bonuses to staff members.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
If my mother and father were still alive, they'd clip my ear for saying this but, "It's freekin' sad, isn't it?".

Anybody who has ever run a business or been involved in business in any way with responsibility for making it work, just shakes their friggin' head at stuff like this.

I don't know what to say.