• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new to me thiokol

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll tell you what it has spent a week in bethel now. I've herd that they have been having some rudder issues I have to wonder if that's what they are trying to fix. I saw one forecast looked good for Monday and some of Tuesday. the rest don't look that promising. That's what you get when you wait till the last minute I can only imagine how these miners feel when they are waiting for their stuff to arrive in the spring and like this year the ice didn't clear enough till mid june.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well it's finely here it's sitting off shore waiting for the winds to drop now I may have picked up another job at the same time. there is a tellahandler on this boat needs to go to golivan that's about 150 miles from here we may be dragging it down there. after the snow flys

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well Christmas time has arrived the boat's tied up and look at it sitting up on top.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 220

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well I just got back from the port area, it's off the boat but still 30 feet in the air. My buddy Bill saw me breaking my neck looking up at it in the sun at it so maybe next trip up to the laydown area he will pick it off for me that way I can see how I did on my purchase. they have one track rolled up in front of it all I can say is that is one monster track.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How do they get the stuff off out in the boonies like that?
I wouldn't think the fork lift would reach it all.

tom

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
they do use a forklift what they do is there is one on the boat and one on the dock. the one on the dock has a flat on the forks they pass the container to the one on the dock ,than the dock side drops it on the ground and picks the container and stores it he than lifts the flat for the next container.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they do use a forklift what they do is there is one on the boat and one on the dock. the one on the dock has a flat on the forks they pass the container to the one on the dock ,than the dock side drops it on the ground and picks the container and stores it he than lifts the flat for the next container.

It must be hard to keep boat trim unless they can load and unload at the same time.
I remember at the refinery some one pumped one side off a tanker and it listed bad and almost got away from them.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to see it there Don!!! I bet your excited beyond imagination.... And I hope the machine is all you had hoped for too. Great to see it finally happen..

Best regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
they do have to kind of spread the load out. what is real freaky is operating equipment on them when you slam on the brakes you need to be looking at the boat, because if you are looking at land it will look like you haven't stopped as the boat bounces against the lines. its a feeling you have to get used to.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well I finally got to get my hands on my 2100 yesterday what I got wasn't really what I thaught I was getting I still think I got a screaming deal. the machine is actually a 2100 b no tilting cab should makes it a mid 70's unit. the sheet metal is in great shape the grousers look good the guides are all shot I will be spending some money with boggie. half the electrical doesn't work no gauges or lights but the amp meter and wiper does work. I have a new set of prepunched belts I think I will send one to Alaska rubber and have some more duplicated so all new belts can be changed for next winter. the interior looks decent and the engine runs like a swiss watch the home brew exhaust has no muffler so it sounds pretty bodacious, when you get into the throttle and spool up the turbo. the exhaust outlet is cut off at a 45 degree angle and exits straight up found the exhaust full of water on start up, I need a turn out or a flapper cap installed I hope to get the other track on today so I can get it moved spent most of the day yesterday working on the large forklift you saw in previous pictures when it fried the starter. I have one coming in today hopefully I don't get too much rain today.

nikos

It's about time, Don.
It was sitting on the boat like a package on christmas tree.
We need pics of the Thiokol. its not fair,
The best wishes.:beer:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I will get them tomorrow spent all day yesterday and today getting it together and working on a huge forklift that lost a starter in the middle of the causeway, coming from the docks. the whole area is a mud hole, I drove it down town this evening but the sun is going down now. all I have to say id that big diesel 6 is a power house kept It in high gear and it was going up hills I had to hold on to the hand bar on to stay sitting kind of upright. it is defiantly more cat than then the little snot trac. the only draw back is the snot trac is still an easier unit to get in and out of i'm thinking of relocating the steering laterals as they are just hydraulic actuators and don't take much effort to use the other cool thing is how nicely it tracks straight it tracks about like my snow trac I can get used to the oc-12.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not many of us can drive down town with no snow. Sounds like you'll be busy the next few weeks.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a few things to do with the electrical, some one cut 2 feet off of the blade I need to add it back, and a few little electrical issues with lights and gauges oter wise it looks good all the road wheels have fresh grease and all components on the blade work I don't see any issues with leaks but a good service is planned likely before I spend my wad with boggie on guides.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A new road hog in Nome Alaska is born!!

You should be wide enough streets will look narrow if anyone is coming from the other way....

Have fun with your new toy Don... Wish I were there to see. Someday...

Best regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yes Jim I was thinking of that what I need is a double wide so I can stuff in passenger seats for moving people too I haven't decided just what I'm going to do yet but something like that is being planned.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the rain stopped a bit last night and the sun almost came out.so I went out to take a few pics today this thing would make an awesome krusty crusher. I found a few little hydraulic leaks tightened fittings replaced a bunch of fuel hose still have some more hose to replace. and ofcourse all the guides I have found a set of 3700 guides from Dr Zaugg so they should arrive about the time it starts to get frigid.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 122

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, that is a wide footprint on that thing. Should float pretty good on the soft stuff. Makes the snot trac look narrow!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, that is a wide footprint on that thing. Should float pretty good on the soft stuff. Makes the snot trac look narrow!
you think they look big there, you should be looking at them all rolled up wondering how you are going to put them on by your self. once I got them positioned the rear driver did a good job of pushing the tracks forward over the tops of the road wheels to the front. I looped the front over and with 2 4 ton comealongs, I left the winches on top and strung the cables under the grousers past the splice a couple of grousers, and when I cranked up on it it held the ends of the tracks flat and pulled the joints together for the bolts to go through.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One of those track clamps and a cordless inpack and a 1/4 ton chain wratchet is what you need and two people.
I noticed you have room for sarge.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
there's room for both sarge and boss dog in it I think as boss grows that the room for him may grow cramped. sarge is a lap parasite and with him in the lap its a little hard to steer I may have to modify the steering levers for my Buda belly

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
going as far as you go in a $3000 cat .You may lose that Buda Belly.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
not really in the snow trac there is room to get up and walk to the back and make a sandwich and go back up front, I have done this before The Thiokol every thing is at your fingertips and you are kind of like being in an easy chair. but you are right changing out them guides may impact my hourglass figure, with all the sand at the bottom I was thinking of a trip down the beach to try to sand blast some of the rust and crud off the track fastners today.

nikos

NICE UNIT DON.
THE BEST
BIG FOOT
I was thinking of a trip down the beach to try to sand blast some of the rust and crud off the track fastners today.

Dont forget to have always standby the SNOW TRAC.
In case it get stuck in the sand.

Regards Nikos