• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mueller's report looks bad for Obama

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty amazing to me that CNN are reporting this.

(CNN)The partisan warfare over the Mueller report will rage, but one thing cannot be denied: Former President Barack Obama looks just plain bad. On his watch, the Russians meddled in our democracy while his administration did nothing about it.

A legitimate question Republicans are asking is whether the potential "collusion" narrative was invented to cover up the Obama administration's failures. Two years have been spent fomenting the idea that Russia only interfered because it had a willing, colluding partner: Trump. Now that Mueller has popped that balloon, we must ask why this collusion narrative was invented in the first place.

I guess if I had failed to stop Russia from marching into Crimea, making a mess in Syria, and hacking our democracy I'd be looking to blame someone else, too.

If you consider Russian election interference a crisis for our democracy, then you cannot read the Mueller report, adding it to the available public evidence, and conclude anything other than Barack Obama spectacularly failed America. Subsequent investigations of this matter should explore how and why Obama's White House failed, and whether they invented the collusion narrative to cover up those failures.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/19/op...ma-jennings/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Between Hillary and Obama, there should be a couple of Federal jail cells waiting for the two of them. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

These two criminals need the heavy arm of justice dropped on their heads.

We will not have a country that is safe from totalitarian, dictatorial rule until Obama and Hillary are jailed for high crimes. And, along with them the dozen or so deep state operatives in DOJ and FBI.

Regards, Kirk

rugerman

I would love to see Obama and Hillary and the other bad players in his administration behind bars, including the skunks at the FBI who did obama’s Dirty work to derail Donald Trumps run for President. Lock them all up!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hillary & Obama will NEVER serve one second in an orange jump suit and silver jewelry. That is just not going to happen. The double standard in this country is too great for that type of equal justice.

The best hope for us, at this point, is their underlings will be indicted. People like Brennan, Clapper, Strok, Comey, et all. That is our best shot and I am not even so sure that is going to happen. Time will tell.

Call me a pessimist if you will. I feel I am being a realist. Sorry.

rugerman

Tired Retired if pressure is put on the underlings there is the possibility that they will roll over on on their superiors.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Tired Retired if pressure is put on the underlings there is the possibility that they will roll over on on their superiors.

Yes, but as I stated earlier, the path to the big two is blocked. Money is a factor, the MSM, the Dems and Silicon Valley all work in concert against us to ensure the deep state remains in business and the drain plug for the swamp remains elusive.

Even many so called Republicans are falling in line with with them to maintain the status quo.

I guess I am just not holding my breath here. :smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I first posted this on the other forum earlier this morning.
I expect crickets from the left. Lol
This is the reason President Trump can be read saying in the Mueller Report "omg, this is the end of my presidency, I am fucked."
He knew what the left were doing and exactly what they are capable of.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think CNN is starting to take seriously their decline in viewership and are trying to appear to be practicing honest journalism.
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think CNN is starting to take seriously their decline in viewership and are trying to appear to be practicing honest journalism.
Mike
This is Scott Jennings.
He's a contributor and seems to be pretty fair to me.
He takes a beating from the left on Twitter because of it.

20190420_095211.jpg

20190420_095227.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The Mueller report will not change political opinions of President Donald Trump. Democrats will continue to hate the president and Republicans will continue to think Trump got a raw deal because two years of his presidency were inhibited by an investigation that turned up no collusion. Special counsel Robert Mueller will get plaudits for uncovering the depths of the Russian meddling but will have to answer questions about why he didn’t move to compel Trump to testify.

Ultimately, most Americans will conclude that the best way to sort this out is through an election. Trump faces the voters in 2020 and they will have all of this information to consider as they make their decision. Whether Democrats impatient for an early end to the Trump presidency force impeachment remains to be seen.

There will be legal analysis ad nauseum about obstruction, but here are five political takeaways that jumped out to me:

1.The extent of the Obama administration’s failure on Russia is breathtaking. The Mueller report flatly states that Russian interference efforts began in 2014, continued in 2015 and blossomed into a full-blown effort to meddle in the 2016 presidential election. The report found no evidence that the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia on election meddling, but substantial confirmation that the previous commander-in-chief failed to stop a hostile foreign power from invading our democracy. Why? Obama’s top priority was getting Russia into the Iranian nuclear deal, which explains why his administration turned a blind eye toward Russian electoral interference. Russian meddling is a mess of Obama’s making, and Trump should order immediate steps to use the Mueller report as a roadmap for stopping them in the future. When you consider that Obama failed to prosecute Julian Assange after his 2010 attack on America, and that he then went on to help Russia meddle in the 2016 election, Obama just looks horrible on this entire ordeal.

2. Democrats have two options — impeach the president or win an election. With their hopes dashed that Mueller would kick in the White House door and frog march the president to jail, Democratic remedies for getting rid of Trump are purely political: impeach the president for obstruction of justice, or work as hard as possible to win the next election. The House Democratic leadership was having trouble tamping down impeachment talk before, and it won’t get any easier now given the relentless focus on the obstruction section of the report. The bloodthirsty among them will grow even thirstier and calls for impeachment are likely to increase. Can Speaker Nancy Pelosi stop them? I have my doubts that she can herd her impeachment cats away from their hyper-partisan impulses.

Further, Democrats must think hard about their future investigatory paths and how it affects their collective credibility in 2020. There will be skepticism among the voting public for any Democratic investigation in the future because their promises of collusion turned out to be false.

3. Mueller must speak. Attorney General William Barr said he had no objection to the special counsel appearing before Congress, and he should do so. It would be a shame, however, if most of his time is focused on Trump and not on helping the federal government prevent Russia election interference in the future. He has done a terrific job uncovering the depth of the interference, including indicting the Russians responsible. Given that they are unlikely to ever see the inside of a U.S. courtroom, Mueller’s legacy should be to create the framework for inoculation against future Russian shenanigans.

4. Congressman Adam Schiff really hurt Democrats by raising the bar on collusion. For two years, Schiff and other Democrats in Congress repeatedly claimed there was evidence of collusion. Time and again, Schiff said he had “direct” evidence of Russian collusion and, since Barr’s initial summary letter, has yet to back down. In fact, Schiff has doubled down on his claims, going even further out on a limb that Mueller sawed off today. Politically, Schiff blew up a balloon for the Democrats that Mueller popped. Loudly.

Keeping quiet or at least making more measured statements would have kept the egg of the collective face of the Democratic Party. Schiff failed as a Democrat and as a leader on the House Intelligence Committee. He should step down as Chairman immediately, as he clearly was more interested in politically damaging Trump than getting to the truth. Democrats would be better served as a party if he resigned from Congress and went away altogether.

5. Bottom line for Trump — no collusion. The report flatly states, just as Barr said it would, that “the evidence we obtained did not establish that the president was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference.” This has been the central question of the Trump presidency, and Mueller has closed the door on what would have been treason. The president is within his rights to attack the Democrats and media who have promised their partisan audiences something that just didn’t happen. I expect little movement in the president’s approval ratings in the aftermath of this report, and unless Democrats move on impeachment this report will be a distant memory come the fall of 2020, when he faces reelection.

Scott Jennings is a CNN Contributor and partner at RunSwitch Public Relations. You can follow him on Twitter: @ScottJenningsKY