• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NFL Fines Dallas Cowboys Player Thousands For Donating Money To Charity During Touchd

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
NFL Fines Dallas Cowboys Player Thousands For Donating Money To Charity During Touchdown Celebration
Posted at 7:00 pm on December 6, 2018 by Brandon Morse

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...donating-money-charity-touchdown-celebration/

The NFL continues to prove that it’s a ridiculous organization.

This time it decided to punish Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot with a $13,369 for “unsportsmanlike conduct.” Did he hit another player in the face? Did he make rude gestures to people?

Nope! He donated to charity after scoring a touchdown. Twenty-one dollars to be exact.

Yes, according to the NFL, Elliot taking a quick moment to flash cash to the camera and then throw it into a giant red Salvation Army pot.

Cowboy X Factor #ThankYouKamuGrugierHill
@CowboyXFactor
Hey NFL (
@NFL
) why do you have to be the No Fun League and fine Zeke (
@EzekielElliott
) for donating $21 dollars of moneyto the Salvation Army (
@SalvationArmyUS
) in the kettle he was doing it for charity? #FreeZekeNoFunLeagueFines

Of all the stupid things to punish, this is by far one of the stupidest. Donating to charity after a touchdown should have been a great moment. There’s absolutely nothing unsportsmanlike about it. Regardless, the NFL decided that a $21 donation should be punished a $13,000-plus fine.

Elliot didn’t let it go that easy either according to the Daily Caller:

“I mean, I didn’t really expect a fine,” the running back said Wednesday. “I really don’t care about the fine. It’s all for a good cause. We’re trying to bring awareness to the Salvation Army. If the NFL doesn’t like that, then, that’s on them. I’ll pay their little fine.”

Elliot also suggested the NFL should donate his fine to the Salvation Army, since he, Dak Prescott, and the Cowboys are already pledging $21,000 to the organization this year. Most fines, Pro Football Talk points out, are used to benefit former players.

“A lot of things they do define ridiculous,” Elliott said of the NFL. “But I mean, that’s not really any of my business, not really anything I can change, so I’m just going to keep being focused on this season, keep being focused on leading this team and focused on going out there and winning ball games.”

If the NFL is wondering why its losing its audience at a ridiculous rate, it’s stuff just like this.